Monday, September 6, 2010

Two Down

Well, we had an interesting Labor Day.  Steve is feeling good.  He helped spread more mulch and trim a couple of bushes.  Grandma and Grandpa came to help too.  Grandma brought a chicken and rice soup for lunch.  She also make a strawberry cheesecake dessert and chocolate chip cookies.  Yummy, yummy.  They sure do take good care of us.  After they left, we took a nap.  I took some pain medicine and had a great nap.  Steve and Amelia went to the store this eve. to pick up some stuff, but they came home with more junk than anything else.  I shouldn't say that because they picked up goldfish and pretzels for me!!!! Tonight at supper, Steve's side really started shooting sharp pains.  This lasted about 15 minutes.  Now he is just uncomfortable. He is getting ready for bed.  I think all the action this weekend has made him a little tired.

I went to the doctor today about my knee.  I have to stay off it tomorrow and I will have a sub at school.  I have to go to Springfield to get a brace tomorrow.  The doctor was not exactly sure what was wrong.  He had several ideas...sprain, ligament, torn meniscus or a combination.  It is still swelled.   He moved it this way and that to test my range of movement.  I did not get an x-ray, but must go back on Wed for him to check the swelling and see if I need an MRI.  I am very lucky that Steve, Amelia and Aubree are taking care of me.  I am a little clumsy on the crutches, but I am sure I will develop a talent as time goes on.  Doctor told Steve that he was worried that I would fall...that is how bad I am on these.

Tomorrow will be a restful day here.  I will lounge around and Steve will be right in there with me.  We are sure a pitiful site.  He is worried what will happen to him after his chemo if I am having a difficult time.  I told him not to worry that I will be back in control by then.  He keeps telling me to rest or go sit down.  I say I can help and he says, "Welcome to my world.  Now you know how I feel."  I told him it was not a contest, but I think he is trying to teach me a lesson about how hard it is to not help or be a part of things.  It is really hard for me because I know there are others capable, but they may not do it my way, and we all know how important that is to a "Red".  Maybe God is reminding me that I am not in control and that I shouldn't take things for granted.  I really hate when people try to teach me lessons.  I am a very poor student!

No comments:

Post a Comment