We had an exhausting day. We slept most of the morning then ate a brunch and then went back to bed. You would not believe how tired we are. At about 1:45, I went to the doctor to get an x-ray. Luckily, there is no bone damage. I am now in a beautiful knee brace. It is a lovely black and is so attractive on my leg. Actually, it is helping already. My knee does not have the constant pain, which is good. I can start putting a little weight on my left leg when it gets to feeling better. When the pain is gone, I will be able to get rid of the crutches. That will be a blessing. I am a total klutz on those things not to mention, it really wears me out to even go from one end of the house to the other. This is where Tom and Lorene Tavernier step in to be my heros. They brought me a little scooter to use at school. I am so thankful for them and the scooter. Hopefully, I will not crash and burn in the halls at the middle school. Luckily, there are safety wheels on the back so I won't flip if I do wheelies :)
Steve drove to Springfield to Bach Medical Supply. That is very good for him. He also drove home even though he was tired. Sometimes he is pretty bullheaded. I won't say it is the German in him because I don't want to insult some of my readers, but we know it is true. He promised me that he would rest tomorrow since chemo is Thursday. Grandma is going to go with us on Thursday. I might have a difficult time with lunch and maneuvering around the hallways. This made Steve feel better. He worries about me. We meet with Dr. Hoos at 9:40 to go over the CAT scan results. Thank God the wondering will be over.
Amelia is making dinner tonight. She is making lasagna, garlic bread, corn, salad and root beer floats for dessert. We are thankful that Amelia is stepping up to help us in our time of need.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment