Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sorry, late post

"I love my Opa!"
Well, Guys,  I am sorry that it has been a few days since I've posted.  I'll try and catch you up on what has been happening here.  To start, Steve's side has really been bothering him.  Remember, I told you about the running in the rain?  It seems that he "pulled" something on his side.  He says the normal pain is more intense than it has been.  It's been getting him down.  He did not go to Kyle's game last night because his side was bothering him.  Today we ran errands in Monett.  We had to pick up a truck load of mulch for around the trees, a new weed eater, and cleaning supplies from Lowe's and Walmart.  We got home a little after noon.  We, or really I should say I, watched the Tigers defeat Illinois.  He slept through most of it.  I had to keep it quiet because he was so tired.  That was really hard, but I only woke him twice.  After the game, I took a long long nap.  I was exhausted.  We drove around a little after we woke up because it was such a beautiful day.  After about 20 minutes, his side was bothering him again.  I think it was because the car bounces and such.  I don't notice it but he sure does.  We came home, ate, and he went to bed.  It was probably 6:30.  He has been sleeping since and it is now after 9.  I have been clanging around in the kitchen and it has not phased him.  I think he will sleep all night.  Besides his side hurting, I think he is worried about what Dr. Hoos will say on Thursday when we have our appointment before treatment five.  We will find out the results of his CAT scan then.  I think it is nerve wracking to wait over a week for the results, but I guess they must study and compare it to his past scans.  Then they must decide what course of action to take.  Please keep Steve in your prayers.

Kyle is number 56.  The picture to the right, he is the one on the right side drinking.  You can kind of see his six.  I took it so you could check out his mohawk.  Last night was another Monett game.  Grandma and I went to cheer Kyle on.  He had a good game and Steve heard his name 5 times on the radio.  I'm sorry to report that the Cubs were beaten  18-26 by Logan-Rogersville.  The LoRos are ranked 2nd in the state.  Monett made a good showing, but a fumble recovered by Logan-Rogersville and ran for a touchdown, locked the other team's victory.  Kyle make some really good tackles.  One was right in front of us and it was so thrilling to see.  I did not get a picture of it because I am not really an action photographer.  I am more of a they stand still, and I have time to find Kyle and then snap the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment