Sunday, September 19, 2010

Beginning Another Week

We had a good day.  We got up and went to church.  I knew it was going to be a tough service for me when the Epistle lesson was 1 Timothy 2:1-15.  Incase you don't know this set of passages, I will quote them:  11)"Let woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. 12) I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet".  It did not help matters that when he was reading this part, Steve was poking me in the ribs smiling and whispering,"That's the way it should be."  He was lucky we were in church.  I'm glad Pastor did not choose that as his sermon topic.  His focus was about loving God.  Boy, it was a loooooooong sermon.  I must admit, I was barely hanging on when he finally said Amen.  We went through "herd" communion.  I call it this because they "herd" us in a line at the front of church to receive the wafer and wine, and then we turn around and return to our seats.  We leave after communion because it is really tough on Steve to sit through that much church.  Today he tried to make it without a pillow.  Big mistake.   He was uncomfortable before we finished the opening hymn.  The choir sang and did an excellent job.  It was a really upbeat song and had the congregation tapping its feet. Amelia and Aubree went with us.  Aubree did a great job.

After church, we went to Grandma's for lunch.  It was good, as usual.  Ethel came over and ate with us.  After dinner, we stayed for a short visit and then went home for a much needed nap.  I feel refreshed and ready to tackle the new week.

Steve grilled steaks for dinner tonight.  I got the charcoal ready and he did the rest.  The steaks were delicious, but he did not get to enjoy them.  The grilling wore him out.  After about three bites, he had to go to the bedroom to rest.  As I write, he is already a sleep.  He just over does it because he want to be active.  I know it breaks his heart when he can't do things he wants to do.  I tell him not to worry.  His job is to get better and the rest will come.  I tell him that he is doing a great job at getting well.  The doctor gave us a good report, so we know Steve and God are doing what it takes to get him well.  Once we quit zapping him every 21 days, he will recover and be ready to take on the world. We just have to remember that God's time is not necessarily our time.  It is a hard lesson to learn.

My knee is doing better.  I did not use my crutches at all this weekend.  It is a little sore, but not because of that.  Sometimes, if I am not paying attention, I twist it the wrong way and bam, sharp pain.  I will keep the brace on for a while longer.  I just feel more stable with it keeping my knee in line.  I will use the cart at school to go to the office and such at the end of the day.  During the day, I think I will walk to get a little exercise.  Thanks for all the prayers and warm thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment