Some exciting news and a very exciting day for us. To our surprise, Elizabeth came for a long weekend visit. She flew into Springfield this morning, and Amelia went to get her. She came to the house and really surprised Steve. It was pretty funny. First, Aubree walked into the bedroom and said hello, then Amelia walked in and said hello, then Elizabeth walked in and said hello. Steve just stared at her like he didn't recognize her. I think he was out of it because he had been napping and was not quite awake. After he realized who it was, he was soooooo excited. He just couldn't get over that we had pulled off the secret and he didn't know she was coming. I guess it just goes to show that we are pretty good fibbers when we need to be. They are going to have a good time together. They already went on a little excursion after lunch and did some errands. When I talked to Steve tonight, they were watching....you guessed it, Friday night....Man, Woman, Wild. I guess the season finale is on. The girls are going to the Corn Maze later. Tomorrow they are going to go to an alpaca thing in Freistatt that one of Grandma and Grandpa's friends are doing. I don't know all the details except it is at the old Brockschmidt's place on Hwy H. I am sure that they will all be alpaca experts after tomorrow. I will encourage them to take pictures that I can post when I get home Sunday. I can't wait to learn about the furry things.
I am in Jefferson City with Dwight and Mel. I arrived around 5 and we went to Columbia to eat at Chili's and surprised Koleen. We requested her station and we waited on us. She is a very good waitress. My only concern was when I gave her the money for the bill, she kept all the change. Do you think that is because I was her mother and she thought she could make a fast buck or two? :) We had the avocado burgers, and boy they were good. I really enjoyed seeing her. It makes me realize how much I really do miss her. I am spending the day with her in Columbia tomorrow. I have my camera, so hopefully, I will get some pictures to post tomorrow night. I am going to call it an early night because I can, and I will not be bothered by a husband, dog, or anything else. Call me lucky, lucky, lucky.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment