This morning, we worked out in the yard. We needed to spread 40 bags of mulch around our trees. Working out side is very hard on him, but he insists on helping. He was the truck driver, which meant that he drove the loaded truck from tree to tree so I could throw down the bags and dump them around the tree. Of course, this was not enough for him and he had to be bag cutter and mulch stomper. After about 3 tree he was worn out and his side was hurting, but being the trooper that he is, he finished, but only as the driver. After we finished the chores, he did go inside and get sick. I think it is just the physical exertion that is to much for him. After his nap, he felt better. He did take about a 4 hour nap this afternoon.
I fell today and hurt my knee. I am not sure how bad, but I do know that I can't walk on it right now. I was in the back of the truck and slid over the side and when I landed, my knee bent a very strange way, and I hit the ground. I stayed there a little while trying to decide what was the matter. I got up and it hurt a little but not enough to stop spreading mulch. We spread 40 bags this morning. After the mulch was spread, I came inside and iced the knee. It felt a little better, so I took a nap. During my nap, it got stiff, and it was a little difficult to walk when I got up. We had to run into Monett to get some more mulch-35 bags. While getting in the truck, my knee gave out, and I hit the ground again. Now, it really hurts to walk. Kaleb is running me some crutches on his way back to Springfield this eve. Needless to say, I scared the pudding out of Steve each time I fell. He is really worried that I hurt my knee and will be off it for a while. I think it is just a minor thing and a few days off my feet, right..... and I should be ok.
Aubree has been a good helper this evening. She helped me with the ice bag and the pillow under my leg. Now she is watching Sponge Bob with Opa and me while Amelia is doing homework. We do love Sponge Bob. We still watch it every morning before school. It is a little ritual that we have developed. I fix coffee and she watches Sponge Bob, then I fix her coffee: sweet milk, sugar, coffee and one ice cube. We snuggle if there is time. They leave every morning about 7:00 and she gets up anywhere from 5:45 to 6:00.
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment