This is our motto for this evening and tomorrow morning. We have to be at the lab first thing in the morning. Boy, that is going to be early considering he normally has not been getting up until 9:30 or so. The nice thing is, he can sleep most of the day. My guess is he will go to lab, sleep in the lobby until his doctor's appointment, and sleep in the lobby until he is admitted into the infusion center. After they start the chemo, he usually sleeps the 1-2 hours that it takes to administrator the pre-chemo drugs. He will wake up to tell me to go out to lunch, and he will sleep while I am gone. I will wake him up to eat the lunch I bring to him, and then he will sleep until it is time to go home. This is all good. All the patients in his parlor side do the same thing. Sometimes they talk back and forth, but mostly the talking is with the people who bring the patients there. I have met some really nice ladies while I have been waiting. I also get a bunch of crocheting done, which is good. The nice thing about early appointments means we will be home earlier in the afternoon.
Today he rested all day long. I actually think he was in bed all day except when he ate lunch with Amelia and Aubree. They stayed home today because we thought Aubree had pink eye. She had an appointment at 1:00. Luckly, she did not have it, but they thought she had allergies. Allergies are really bad here. Several of my kids have been "snot heads" for days. I'll bet we have gone through 10 boxes of tissues since school started. Steve and I went out to supper at the Red Barn. He was hungry for their pork tenderloin over bread and mashed potatoes and gravy. This plate reminds me of a hot beef sandwich. He actually ate a great supper. He tried not to over eat. For the next several days, he will not eat much.
He took a shower. This really wears him out. He is back in bed to rest. We are going to watch a show about the Little Big Horn on History International Channel. It starts at 7, so I hope we can make it through the whole show. I am going to do my best.
Steve has been getting some really nice card. He sure appreciates all the nice thoughts and prayers.
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment