Tuesday, November 16, 2010

T-T-T-Tuesday

Last night we crashed fairly early.  Steve was tired from the busy day. I must confess that I was tired too. Testing always wears us out. Steve took me out to lunch today.  He picked me up and we got our stuff for our lunch.  He got a chicken teriyaki sandwich and I got a salad.  We went to the park and had lunch in the truck.  We watched the leaves fall into Williams Creek Pond.  Pretty exciting life.  HA.  I treasure those times because we just sit and visit.  Sometimes it is silly stuff and sometimes it is serious stuff.  It really depends on the day.  Lately, we have been discussing the holidays and what to get for the kids and Aubree.  I think he was feeling pretty good today.  He ran errands after he dropped me off.  After school, we had the cleaning lady come by to give us an estimate.  Then I went to visit Betty.  After that, we went to Hog Wild in Aurora for dinner.  He really loves that place.  He gets cravings for it and off we go.  He always gets the chicken nachos.  He ate quite a bit.  About halfway through dinner, the fatigue hit.  We came home and he is watching TV while I post.

I have to give a special shout to my friend Betty.  Betty, if you are reading this, I am very proud of you.  I am glad you are checking out PeaGoulsh.

As I was changing his bandage a little bit ago, I was remembering how massive his incision was just after we got home from the hospital.  When we tried the wound vac, it was 10 inches long, 3 inches wide, and about an inch deep.  Now it is about the size of his thumb nail and not deep at all.  It is healing so nicely.  We tried only using a 4 X 4 but the tape pulled on the newly healed skin.  I still use two 4 X 4s so that the tape goes on the outside of the newly healed skin.   Sometimes the new skin that is not deep, peels and bleeds a little.  Most of the time the deep part is the only part that I can notice a difference.  Soon it will be just one 4x4 and then just a simple bandaid.   We will probably have to use SpongeBob bandaids just for kicks.

The cleaning people came.  I am happy to report that they are going to fall clean my house from top to bottom.  After that, they will come weekly and clean the house to keep it clean.  Some of the rooms will be on biweekly rotations and some on a weekly rotation.  I am soooooo excited.  It will be nice except picking up so they can clean.  It is a team of 3 that come.  They figure it will take 6-7 hours to do the deep cleaning and about 1.5-2 hours to clean weekly.  It will be worth every penny to know that I only have to do the picking up and spot cleaning.  What a load off my shoulders.  So, I've got that going for me!!!!!!!
Publish Post
I must go.  I am going to Skype Kay.

No comments:

Post a Comment