Thursday, November 18, 2010

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow

Blessing=GOOD report.

Yes, you read it correctly.  We got a good report from Dr. Hoos.  The cancer cells are reacting mixed to his treatment.  Some are getting smaller and some are just staying the same (in check).  The cancer has not grown and has not spread.  It is localized in his lungs only.  All great things to hear.  We still have to do chemo.  It will be different because he can't take the cisplatin anymore or any of the drugs in the platin family.  He will take the Alimta by itself.  This is standard practice for patients that have had the cisplatin reaction.  The good things are:  1.  The chemo will not take as long since we are knocking out the bag that takes 2 hours to drip.  2.  The Alimta should not be as harsh on Steven.  He should have a quicker recovery time and not be as sick.  Call us lucky lucky lucky!!!  We did not have chemo today.  Steve asked the doctor if they could postpone it until after Thanksgiving.  That way he will be well for the holiday.  The doctor said fine, and we will have chemo number 8 the first week in December.  We do not know the exact day yet.  This means 6 weeks for him to regain his strength.  I am so excited because I know the last week he has felt better.  Think about how well he will feel in two weeks  :)  We also scheduled our next appointment with Dr. P.  It will be Dec. 20.  Like I have told you earlier, Dr. P will be so pleased with the healing of Steve's incision.  I think he will offer me a job to be and incision nurse.  Do you think I should take it?  Don't fret, I won't.  How could I leave Mt. Vernon Middle School?

I want again to thank everyone who has been praying for us.  The Lord has worked a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment