We went to Springfield this afternoon for Steve's scans. It took about 2 hours or so. I was not let back into the testing chamber. I stayed in the waiting room and read. Steve was happy with the tests because he did not have to drink any nasty stuff. They put all the "dye" into his IV. This saved his stomach. He said it left a taste in his mouth, but we have found out that several IV meds. do that. We go to see Dr. Hoos on Thursday. Labs at 9 Doctor at 10. We were hoping to get a flu shot for him, but it can't be within a week of chemo. Since we do not know what is going to happen Thursday, we will have to make another appointment. We went to Olive Garden for an early dinner. He ate well. When we got home, we did ear candles. I sent him to the Herb Depot in Monett last week to pickup some empty capsules and he came home with those and ear candles. You would be amazed at the gunk that comes out. Steve had the most with Amelia second and me third. I'm not sure it helps, but we shall see. I guess every little bit of gunk out of your ear canal is a plus. I'm not sure if we will do it again.
Tomorrow I have a house cleaning service coming to give me a quote on deep cleaning and maintaining the house. I am just not interested in spending my time at home cleaning. I would rather spend it with Steve. We shall see what they charge and the things that they will do. I realize that I will have to do the day to day, but it will be a relief if they will come and do the heavy duty biweekly stuff. I've never had a housecleaner before, and I am a little nervous. Our house is clean but it is never spotless. Maybe it will be spotless have the service is done. We can only hope. I'll let you know if I am going to use them or not.
I took a hot tub last night and it was sure relaxing. Can't wait until Steve's back is completely healed so he can join me. The best is when it is really really really cold and you are sitting in the tub. That is heaven.
Please keep us in your prayers. It is really a nerve wracking time here. So much rides on the outcome of the scans he had today. Our prayer is that he is completely cancer free and we can stop the chemo. God works miracles everyday. I believe he has worked one on Steve. If anyone deserves a miracle, it is him.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Uncle Steven - You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Just wanted to let you know we will be praying very hard this week. We know this must be a very stressful time but hang in there!!!
ReplyDeleteWe Love You!!!!!
Doug, Kim, Julia, and Brian