Monday, June 28, 2010

We Love Mondays

Like the title of today's blog says, we really do love Mondays.  I'll explain after I report on Steve's visit to Dr. Hoos. We had an 8:30 appointment this morning.  Steve had blood-work first and then we met with the nurse practitioner.  She examined Steve first and said he was doing well.  We asked her some questions concerning his medicines.  Next round, they are going to keep him on the Dex a few days longer.  It is a steroid and should help with his nausea.  He still has his other nausea meds to take along with this.  She looked at his blood-work and said that he was doing well.  On several of the counts he was higher than they expected.  They watch his platelets, bone morrow, kidney function, and several others that have super long names that I have no idea what they really stand for.

As far as feeling, today was a great day.  We had the appointment and then we went to AT & T to finally get Steve a new phone.  This is his very first up grade ever!  Then we went to Olive Garden for lunch.  He had raspberry lemonade, salad, bread sticks and chicken parmesan.  He ate it all.  I had a strawberry mango drink and a new steak dish.  I thought the meat was pretty good, but I did not like the ravioli it was sitting on.  After lunch we ran several more errands.  We went home on 60 Highway through Marionville.  We stopped at Murphy's Orchard and got some peaches and sweet corn.  Steve said the peaches were great.   We picked up some for Grandma and Grandpa too.

Now, the reason we love Monday's is because it is American Pickers and Pawn Stars night.  WEEEEEEE!  Steve loves those two shows and will watch them over and over and over and over and over again.  If you have not had this thrill, they are on the History Channel starting at 8:00.  American Pickers is first and then it is Pawn Stars.


http://www.history.com/shows/pawn-stars
I went for a bike ride earlier this evening.  I went to the high school and went through the gears and practiced clipping and unclipping.  I went five miles, which is not bad for a chubby girl.  I am going to keep riding.  I love it.  You will know it is me because I am a red flash when I pass you.   :)

1 comment:

  1. Doug needs to watch TV with you guys he loves those 2 shows.. Glad to hear you had a great day!!! Hopefully we will see you sometime this week!!! Take Care!!!!
    Love Kim :)

    ReplyDelete