Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday's news

Well, Steven had a fair day today.  He actually was up way more today than any day since his first treatment.  He did not eat any lunch because he slept through it.  We had Grandma and Grandpa over for dinner.  About 1/2 way through dinner, he said his stomach hurt.  The next thing we knew, he was getting sick.  He threw up his supper, but seems to be better now.  He says he is still a little queasy.  He is in bed now.  The throwing up made him really tired.  He and Grandpa watched the ladies NCAA softball world series.  UCLA ladies won.  It was a good game.  I actually think , up till this incident, Steven was doing a little better each day.  We are praying that this was an isolated event and not something that he will have to deal with more.  The doctor said that the nausea should only happen during the first few days.  I am wondering since he didn't eat lunch that is what happened.  Maybe he ate his dinner to quickly. He has been taking his medicine, so we are unsure.  I think he is getting some of his color back.  He, of course, does not see that since he feels so rotten.

This morning Grandma, Amelia and I went berry picking.  We got three huge bags of blue berries.  It was not to hot but it was getting there when we left.  We also picked some blackberries, 1/2 a bucket and some peaches.  The peaches were small, but they said they were good.  I'm not a big berry and peach fan so I have to take their words on it.  Some good news is we picked our first tomato today.  It was a Big Boy.  We had some Romas but they had black bottoms.  According to several websites, it is caused by lack of calcium and inconsistent watering.  I guess I need to be more on the ball.

Amelia and Grandma early in the a.m. before we start picking blueberries.


 Here are the three HUGE bags of blueberries and our one lone tomato.  We are sure proud of all of our harvest today.  

It is my birthday.  We had a birthday roll.  We are trying to stay away from sweets since Steve needs to stay away from them. 

  
Aubree is still at Mimi's in Texas.  She will be there until July 11.  We sure do miss her.  


No comments:

Post a Comment