Before I begin the blog today, I need to address an issue. I have received several inquiries, emails, and phone calls concerning the blog from yesterday. I must report that no animals were hurt during the writing or any of the activities reported. :) The turtle survived. The only animal causality from the day was the ribeye steak. (HA)
We got up early to go to our 9:00 Dr. P appointment. All went well on the way there. Steve slept most of the way. When we got to the doctor's office, we had to wait about an hour. One of the doctors from the practice had a baby and the other doctors were filling in for him. Dr. P came in and examined Steve's incision. He was impressed with the way it was healing. He said that the healing would slow because of the chemo. He is keeping Steve on the antibiotics until the chemo is over. We do not have to go back to see him until Aug. 20. This is a big step since we have been visiting Dr. P every two weeks. He also said that Steve could stay on the meds. This was good news. He still needs his pain pills...not as much, but there is comfort in knowing that the pills are there. It was a great day. Like I keep saying, he is getting stronger and stronger everyday.
We got home and Steve took a long nap. We celebrated Amelia's birthday tonight. Kay came home this weekend. We had a dinner with Grandma and Grandpa. I made lasagna. It was sure good, even if I say so myself. Grandma made strawberry pie. It was also very good. Sometimes one piece is not enough. Here are some pictures from this evening. I think Steve is looking so much better.
v
Friday, June 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment