Today was a good day for us.
Steve was really busy with the mower. He was sharpening the blades to mow. It works well if he sharpens them before he tackles the tall back grass. When he was getting ready to mow the tie rod broke. He had to run to Race Brothers in Monett to get the part. This takes about an hour to an hour and a half to make the round trip. He ate lunch at Sonic and stopped at his parent's house to get help switching the parts. Once the mower was fixed, he mowed the tall back grass. Luckily, he did not get attacked by stinging bugs this time. He did say he swatted a couple of horseflies. Those horseflies may have caused his terrible reaction to the bites last time he mowed the tall grass. After mowing, he sharpened the blades again. Michael is going to be mowing the yard while we are gone, and it will be easier for him if the blades are sharp. It was hot again today, and Steve got hot again. He took a shower and was getting ready to nap when Amelia and Aubree came over for the afternoon. He did not get his rest until they left around 5. We ate dinner and then sat outside and had ice cream. We just came in at 8:00. Steve was very proud of his accomplishments today the fact that it is 8:00 and he is still up. I say this now, but as I glance over at him, he is almost asleep.
Koleen and I went to Springfield to shop. We went to the mall. I got a couple of tops and a new pair of jeans at Pennys. I did not get into the size of jeans I wanted. I did go smaller, but not the size I wanted to be in. Oh, well. Next time, I am sure I will be in that size if not lower. We visited several other shops, but we found nothing we really wanted or needed. We met a friend and had a wonderful lunch. After lunch, we went to Target and looked for stuff for Koleen's apartment. She could not decide what she needed or wanted so we only got a pink flamingo shower curtain and liner. We will have to go later after vacation to get her stuff. Hopefully by then, we have a better idea of what she needs.
I think we will call it an early night. Shopping and mowing wears a family out.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment