Well, it was in the mid 90s again today. What a scorcher. I think we went from nice cool weather straight to hot. I rode my bike to coffee this morning. After coffee, I rode home the "back way". I rode a total of 10 miles today. In this heat, I thought that was good. Even at 8:30 this morning, it was blistering hot. I came home and melted. I also went to Monett to go to Walmart today. Now I remember why I hate going to Walmart on Saturdays.
Steve is feeling fair today. He did go to breakfast with me and then came home and finished mowing the north side of the front lawn. He got hot and rested all afternoon. I don't blame him. We went to Lai Lai's for "date" night. He ate well. Of course, he eats more than he should, but he likes it. His stomach is upset. I think it might have been the hot stuff he put on his General chicken. Steve is now sleeping while I post and watch a movie. He has been really fatigued today, but tries to do more than he should. You know that though. His habits never change.
We are getting really excited about our trip. I made some going and coming hotel reservations. I think we will make it to Seattle in three days, but coming home will take a little longer since we are sight seeing. I am trying to decide if we want the last day to be a long drive or stop part way home and making it two days from Rapid City, SD. I'm sure I will figure it out. I had to buy a road atlas today. I know Google Maps is great, but I feel I need paper just encase.
I have a friend that is traveling in Alaska now. J, I sure hope you guys are having a blast!!!!
Oh, I just today read this week's paper. It said that some dear friends of mine celebrated their anniversary yesterday. T and L congratulations and love you both.
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment