Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday Afternoon Waiting to Set Sail

We are all on board and checked into our rooms.  We are at the aft of the ship and the girls are in the front.  We couldn't get farther apart.  Steve and I were upgraded to a room with an obstructed view.  We have a lifeboat outside our window, but we can see more than with no window.  The girls say it is also bigger than their room.  We have not seen theirs yet.  We have walked around part of the ship:  Skywalk Night Club, Neptune deck with the pools, spas and big outdoor movie screen, sports deck and several other.   We also had our first buffet.  It was nice.  I will probably be 20 pounds heavier when we hit Seattle again.  Weather wise it is cold and rainy.  It has been raining all day.  We did plan for this and packed heavy jackets and fleece.  We needed them.All the decks are wet but we can enjoy the boat from the inside decks.  I have the mind set that a "bad day on ship is still better than a good day at Mt. Vernon."  We are so excited about this trip.  We are in the stateroom resting now.  We set sail in about 1 hour.  We are meeting the girls at the Skywalk Night Club to sit and have a drink while we set sail.  Remember:  nothing but good times.

We never would have made it this morning without the help of Corky and Martha.  They dropped us off right at the boarding door.  We were some of the first passengers on board.  We are so thankful for them.  I don't think we would have done well with the driving in Seattle, parking in the parking lot, shuttling, standing, and finally boarding.  They were are angels today.  Thanks again, Martha and Corky.

I will try to blog daily, but the internet is pay by the minute.  I have my mobile network with me, and as long as it works, I will use it.  If I can't use it, I will probably not post.  It is 75 cents a minute.  That could get pretty expensive if I get to rambling.  Just remember, NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS.

No comments:

Post a Comment