Well, it is Wednesday and we are halfway through our first full week of school since early January. I must admit, I am out of teaching shape. I am really tired tonight. I was lucky tonight. kSteve wanted Hog Wild so I didn't have to cook or clean up. Life is really good.
We are back from dinner. Steven started feeling poorly about halfway home from Aurora. He went straight to bed and has fallen asleep. He had a really busy day. He practiced some pool this morning before he starated his running. He went to the courthouse to get some paperwork. There are several flights of stairs from the street to the offices. I am sure this was a little tough for him. He had to have Samurai at Dr. Dake's for his yearly shots at 11:30. I guess I am not a good mama since Samurai weighs over 80 pounds, and he should only weigh 80 now. Dr. Dake was concerned if I didn't stop giving him "bedtime boneys" he might have hip problems when he got older. I will stop, but it won't be easy for either of us. Steve did get a short rest but not much of one this afternoon. When he gets really tired, his body reacts with the puking and heavy sleep. Lucky, he has not thrown up, but he is knocked out now. Tomorrow, he will get to rest more and should feel better. As far as I know, he has no plans or activities for Thursday.
I am sitting here blogging and getting ready to surf some sewing sites. I am going to start sewing some clothes. I used to sew almost all of my tops, jumpers, jackets and vests. I miss it and need something to do. I still work on some purses, but my wrists get sore have a long time of crocheting. I have to sometimes take a break. I am on the scout for some vintage patterns: you know 1930-1960 dress, jacket, shirt, and other styles. I am not fussy about the size because I want to learn to adjust patterns to me and how to design clothes from clothes I already own. Maybe make pattern pieces so I can reproduce some store bought clothes in different materials, colors and patterns. It is amazing that by changing one of those a piece can look totally different. I am trying to work on a new image. I'll let you know how that works out.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment