I really thought I was up early to blog, but I turned on my computer and noticed Kim beat me this morning and her post was up before mine. Way to go, Kim.
Steve had a very busy day Friday. Oh my gosh. It started out with having to get all the trash gathered and put on the curb. We had not had pick-up since the Friday before Jan. 31. That is a long time to go without especially if you are a trashy family like us. We already had several, and I mean several bags, on the curb from last week when we thought they would come and get it. But, no. I offered to help him, but he wanted to do this by himself. I called the service and they said they would pick up however much you had, so we gave them all we had...boxes left over from Christmas that we had been putting in a few at a time, old dog food and bird food bags stuffed with stuff, and just some general things we had been putting off getting rid of. Man, I feel sorry for those pick-up guys. I know our neighbors said they were the white trash family of the neighborhood. HA they don't know who their competition is.
I think he did get a little rest yesterday afternoon but not a big one. He wanted to go to the basketball games at the high school last night. It was a double header with the boys playing early and the girls playing late. They had a chili supper beforehand that he wanted to go to, but he decided against it since he would have to sit so long before the games even started. We went to the Red Barn, again, for our Friday night feast. It was good. While he was paying, I walked across the parking lot to see my friends that were at the Keen Bean. Everyone was there. To my surprise, when he pulled around to get me, he came in. Everyone was so excited to see him and commented on how good he looked. We stayed, maybe 20 minutes, and then left. It was good for him. He got to see our friends and catch up with some of them. I also had a good time visiting with some friends that I don't get to see as much as I would like. After that, we went to the ball game. We arrived at the end of the boys' first quarter. MV was ahead and never gave up the lead. They won the game. It was fun. The band played and all the cheer groups did routines. A great night in small town America. It was a good game so Steve really liked it too. He was unable to make it through the girls' game. It if very difficult for him to walk from the parking lot, up the stairs and to sit in the seats that long. It is hard for him to get up and down so he just has to sit there. When we left, he was really wobbly and his feet hurt him. The neroapothay ( I'm a terrible speller) caused by the chemo really bothers him and makes it difficult for him to walk. His feet hurt him so much. When we got home, we watched TV, and then I crashed. He couldn't get to sleep because his feet hurt. He went to the front room to watch TV and ended up sleeping on the couch. He was crashed when I got up this morning.
There are a few of "my" readers that I saw at the game. I am sorry I didn't get a chance to come and visit with you. Please know, that I think of you often and you are in my heart.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment