We are back from chemo. I have lost count so I have no idea what number chemo we are at. We got our report back on Steve's CT scan. It was good. The cancer has not spread and it has not grown. As Dr. Hoos put it, " A tie is better than a loss." It means that Steve is holding his own. Dr. Hoos looked at his incision, and was impressed with how it looked. He also kept telling Steve how well he looked. You don't have to tell me...I know he is a "Hubba hubba man!" We are following the same routine as we have in the past: three treatments and then another test. We were thrilled with the day.
We met a very nice lady in the lobby today. One lady was one of the first women to be involved in the military police in the early 1970s. She had a few tales to tell. She is battling brain and lung cancer. She is in stage 4 and the doctors only gave her 6 months to live. She was telling Elizabeth somethings that she needed to know about the VA and medical treatments. She felt that God set Elizabeth across from her today so she could tell her important things. We also saw a woman that had sores all over her face and hands from radiation. Boy, did it make me stop and think how lucky we are. Even in all the badness, we have been really blessed. I had to close my eyes and thank God for keeping us under his care. I think sometimes you need to see things like that to put life in perspective. I will thank God for all I have and thank him because he has not given me all the badness that could come with this trial. Needless to say, we celebrated with dinner at Kelly O'Carlos...another one of Steve's favorite places.
Now he has passes out on the bed. It was an exhausting day...physically and mentally. The not knowing was really wearing on both of us. Now we can relax and enjoy our lives. I have to wake him up in time for Winter Wipeout. What a stupid show. If you need a good laugh, I strongly suggest you turn it on. Your sides will hurt by the end of the hour. I laugh my butt off every week. It is one of my favorite shows because I can always get a good laugh. Some of the contestants are so strange. I would love to see them the next day after they have twisted their bodies in all the ways it was not meant to twist. I seriously think that some of them have to spend several days in traction. You need to check it out if you get a chance.
I have not received my call for no school tomorrow. It is Friday, so I can't imagine we would have school for one day, but you never know. I have been wrong before.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment