Monday, February 14, 2011

Birthday Shout

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, Uncle Al.  Happy birthday to you!!!  I know it is Monday night, but I wanted to make sure this was posted so you would read it on Tuesday (actual birthday)  Steve and I hope you celebrate many many more!  :)

Happy Valentine's Day.  Steve sent me flowers a work.  The basket was beautiful and it had a big heart balloon.  I love to get flowers.  I am so lucky to have Steve as my sweetheart and best friend.

Steve did ok today.  He and Elizabeth spent some bonding time.  He has not felt well since his last chemo on Thursday.  He spent 95% of the weekend in bed sleeping.  He was actually sick like he used to be when he was on both chemo drugs.  He didn't eat very well, but at least I got him to eat a little every meal.  No more Ramen!  He did get sick a couple of times.  He is doing a little better today.  He did not get sick so that means it is a good day.  He is still up now watching reruns of American Pickers.  Actually, he is napping in his chair peeking out of closed eyes.  He really wants to stay up because American Pickers and Pawn Stars have new episodes a little later.  I'm not sure he is going to make it.   If he doesn't make it, they always show reruns throughout the week.

Hip hip horray!  Mt. Vernon had school today.  I was so excited.  Well, excited and sad at the same time.  I was excited because I could actually teach again.  I was sad because I really missed Steve.  I love spending time with him even if it is just sitting there watching TV.   We have several days to make up so we have lost all of our breaks except Easter.  We will probably lose it too.  They are still trying to decide about it.  I think Steve missed me too.  Maybe not as much as I would like because Elizabeth was here.  I think he will miss me more tomorrow when he spends the day by himself.

Elizabeth and Aubree head to San Antonio tomorrow.  They will be gone a week or two.  Elizabeth has to register for classes at UTSA by March 1.  That way she can use her GI Bill money.  It is about a 10 or so hour drive so they are leaving around 6 in the morning.  That way they will not be on the road after dark.  Aubree is taking her portable CD player so she will be entertained.  She will also nap, so Elizabeth has that going for her.

We went to Grandma's for lunch on Sunday.  We didn't stay long since Steve was really tired and didn't feel well.  I need to catch you up on Kyle.  We saw him this weekend and he looked good.  He said he was feeling better.  He did not have his test last week because the new snow.  He has rescheduled this appointment for this Friday.  He is off caffeine so he can't have some sodas, coffee or tea.  I told him that they made decaffeinated tea and he just crinkled up his nose at me.  I told him that is what we drink it, and you can't tell the difference.  Please keep Kyle in your prayers.

This weekend we also say several of the Doss relatives.  Jennifer, David's girl, had her baby shower.  It was very nice.  Jennifer got a lot of wonderful gifts.  It was a brunch and the breakfast casseroles were very good.  We saw Debbie, Kim and Julia.  Everyone was fine.  Beauty, Kim's diabetes alert dog, was there too.  It was a good learning experience for her.  Kim says she is really coming along with her training and should be a full fledged service dog soon.  Weeeeeee, Beauty.  Beauty has warned Kim several times that she has low blood sugar.  I think that Beauty is a great dog.  I know it gives all of us peace of mind knowing that someone is always with her and can warn her when her sugar is off.

No comments:

Post a Comment