Today was another lazy day. We really didn't do much. We went to Springfield to visit a couple of markets. We went to the European market on Campbell and the Oriental market on Sunshine. We really had a good time at both. At the Oriental Market we purchased some rice bowls, egg rolls, steamy buns, Pocky and some egg soup mix. I have really been into Oriental foods lately. NO not the fishy stuff. I don't know how to eat it or cook it. We have been doing California rolls, different chicken, broccoli beef... So far, Steve has like all that I have made. My new dish to experiment with is spring rolls. At the European market we got sauerkraut, German noodles, big rolled noodles that you can stuff, stuffed olives with blue cheese, Fresh Italian bread, and a braided loaf of bread. All fun stuff. We are not sure what Germain noodles are but they looked like something that would be good with chicken, kinda like chicken and noodles. Now that I know what these markets have, this was our first visit to both, I can look for recipes that have some of the ingredients they have. You see, since we live in Mt. Vernon, it is impossible, yes impossible, to get some of the ingredients in ethnic recipes. Now I can branch out even more in my cooking. I am so excited. I love to plan menus and make shopping lists. I will be in heaven. Steve is really brave to try my new dishes. I am so lucky that he is such a good sport with my cooking.
Steven has not felt very good today. He was doing fine while we were in Springfield, but when we got home, he crashed. This chemo has hit him hard. He is really tired again and just does not feel well. I know he hates it. He was doing so well and then this. It is really disappointing and frustrating for him because he was doing so well. Hopefully, when I go back to school tomorrow, he can get some rest and get back to feeling well. I know that he and Samurai have their own routines and my being home has really upset their world. Both will be happy when we don't have anymore snow days for a while. Kind of like the parents that can't wait for the kids to go back to school after a string of snow days. :)
Pete is going well. Steve talked to him this morning and he said he was fine. We did not make it down to see them today. When Grace called this evening, she said it had been a good day for him. Weeee! We love to hear news like that.
We think Elizabeth is coming home this week. She is talking about packing on Tuesday. That means she may be here by the weekend. I have to still clean out her room. I have been putting it off, but I guess I need to have it done when she gets here. Luckily, I have a week or so left to do the work. HA
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment