Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Little Rough Around the Edges

This describes us pretty accurately.  Amelia went to school, but she still is a little yucky and has a headache.  I stayed home today.  When I got up this morning, I didn't feel so hot.  I thought it was the Thursday morning blues so I went to the gym.  This was a big mistake.  I did my workout, but kept feeling worse as it went on.   I decided I wouldn't make school.  I called in sick.  I slept most of the day, which is what I needed.  I got up from the afternoon nap and felt better.  I fixed dinner, but I don't feel so hot now.  Steve did ok today.  He didn't feel his best.  He had to take Amelia to Pierce City this morning.  On the way home, he washed my car.  He did rest this afternoon.  He did not feel so well at supper.  Now he is in the chair watching the West. Virginia and South Florida game.  I am not sure that either one of us will make it much longer.  He did promise me that if I didn't get up and go to the gym in the morning, that he would strongly encourage me to go on Saturday.  That sounds good to me.

The change in eating has been going fair.  I am a little confused.  I am supposed to eat 1500-2000 calories a day with 30 grams of fat.  I ate a lot today and there is no way I consumed the calories or fat.  I am really having to study on this.  I think it will be easier as I go along.  I did experiment with a couple of dishes.  For lunch, I had a chicken breast that I cooked in the Crockpot over night.  I shredded it and added dill pickle relish.  It was really good.  I will fix it again.  It would make an ideal lunch for school.   My second dish was dinner.  We had chicken breasts with melted cheese.  We put those on angel hair pasta and put red pasta sauce on it.  I did not use angel hair pasta but tried zucchini noodles.  I used a vegetable peeler to peel strips of zucchini.  I boiled these and up my sauce and chicken on top.  I think they boiled a little long.  I got distracted with the rest of the meal.  The site I got the idea from said only boil 2-3 minutes.  I guess I need to pay more attention.  They were a little mushy.   They didn't really add any taste, but I am sure if they are cooked correctly, they will add a texture similar to pasta.  I might try this again.

Tomorrow, I am hoping to make it to school.  Steve, as of now, has no set plans.  He did mention mowing the leaves, but he has not committed to this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment