Yes, it is another Sunday night. The weekend is over and work starts again in the morning. I do have good news, though. We are out for Christmas break in 7 1/2 school days. WEEEEEEE!!!
Today was a good day around the Doss house. Aubree and I hit Walmart early this morning. We got a cart load and had a great time. We hit every aisle at least once and some of them twice. We had to get some containers and paint for my classroom. We had to buy food stuff too. It was a killer trip, but I think we got everything on our list and then some. We did pick up the movie Help for Betty. After our trip, we stopped by and gave it to her. She was so excited. She can't wait to watch the movie. She really loved the book.
We had pigs in a blanket for lunch. Aubree really thought they were cool. She ate the whole thing, which is good for her. She sometimes does not finish her plate and causes great stress at the house. She was a cowgirl all day today. She walked around in her hat and boots with her pink purse. She is a character. For dinner we had a new dish Carbonara. It was fine. Steve at first didn't like it, but he later did. It was a bland dinner, which is just what he needed with his stomach still a little touchy.
He did feel a little better today. He was awake more. He was also out of bed more. It just takes time for the chemo to wear off. He does not have chemo brain near as bad either. I did not coin that phrase. My friend Tom did. It is true. After chemo, Steve sometimes does not focus or remember things he has said or done. It doesn't last too long except since the chemo started, it is harder for him to concentrate. His weight is better. He is still gaining a little. I think after tomorrow, he will be feeling much better. He is off his steroid. His ear is still bothering him a little. I am not sure if he will go back to see Dr. Hinojosa or not. He has an appointment with Dr. P on Friday. It is in the afternoon, so I am taking a half day and going with him. I think we will do some final Christmas shopping and pick up some odds and ends. Last Thursday we were going to get a Honeybaked Ham and forgot. I hope we remember Friday. We love the ham and love to make ham and beans with the last parts and the bone.
I did sew a little today. I am still working on the Christmas present. I figure I should have it done in time to give it. It is turning out alright; it is just time consuming since I have not done this pattern before, and it is not random. I will post some pictures as soon as I am finished because the person I am making it for does not read the blog. I would like to get my Christmas quilt finished too, but I am not sure that is going to happen since I decided to make this present. It really doesn't matter since there is always next Christmas to put it out. You know I always like having projects. Oh, when I was in Walmart today, I picked up some spray paint called Looking Glass. It makes a mirror type coating on the project. I am going to use it to make some "mercury glass". I found the directions online, and I will try it this week. I'll let you know how it turns out. I bought a small, squatty vase to try it on. If it works, I have big plans for making some more.
I am watching Scarface. It is a movie that I like to watch every once in a while. I think it has a few life lessons.
1. Never underestimate the other guy's greed.
2. Don't get high on your own supply.
It is really violent in parts, but I think that would be a realistic portrayal of the times and lifestyles. Al Pacino does a great job with the Tony Montana role.
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment