Like I told you in my post yesterday, we had "big plans". Aubree was the first one up in our house. She came upstair looking for Ozark who was hiding in the arrangement on the dining room table. Opa was sleeping in the chair, and she crawled up and watched Animal Planet since Sponge Bob was not on (according to Opa). I woke up and headed to the gym. It was my long, hard day. I did to it all, and I was really proud of myself :) After gym, Opa, Aubree, and I went to the "Crusty Crab" for breakfast. Aubree ate a huge meal. We ran a few errands when we were out and then headed home.
When we got home, Opa rested, and Aubree and I started to wrap Christmas presents. She was the wrapping apprentice. This lasted one package; after that, she was more interested in the empty boxes and took some downstairs to play. I did get all the presents wrapped. I do it a little differently than most. Each person has their own paper, so I don't use name tags. I am the only one that knows the answer to the code. I love it. Our tree looks much better now with all the presents under it. I used the "barf quilt" as the tree skirt. It looks really nice. After the wrapping, it was plan meals for the week time. I looked through a few cookbooks and decided on four dishes. I am sick of the same old things.
When I was finished, it was NAP time. We were watching several basketball games while we napped. We started out watching the Jayhawks beat number 2 Ohio State. We were excited for them (you know the cheering for my conference rule). We did watch the first half of the Mizzou/Navy game. It was what I would call a blowout. We didn't finish the game but switched to the Indiana/Kentucky came. It was the knock-off of the Number 1. It was a really good game. I do however think that Indiana was really hot and Kentucky was really cold. Indiana just outplayed the Wildcats. We did have supper. I made Crockpot stew. Well, I should say Aubree and I made it. She was the dumper and stirrer. She did add a bunch of love, so it was Yummy, yummy, yummy.
Now we are watching the Heisman Ceremony. We usually watch this show. I like seeing all the old winner. I also like to hear the interviews of the candidates. So many of the candidates are good speakers. RGIII just showed the world his Superman socks. RGIII is our pick for this year's trophy. I think we are down to about 15 minutes till they announce. Herb Herbstreet, and announcer that is talking about the players, is wearing my favorite outfit of the night. Herbie has beautiful blue eyes. His shirt and tie really show off the eyes. All of the men at this program are well dressed. The Honeybadger from LSU has the slickest looking suit. It is a shiny gray/silver suit, maybe a little pimpy looking. They are preparing for the announcement of the 77th Heisman Trophy winner. And the winner is......RGIII. Can Steve and I really pick them!!!!
Steve did not feel so well today. His stomach was really bothering him when we got home from breakfast. It was touch and go for quite a while. He said it was really cramping. After his nap, he did feel a little better. He made it all through the ceremony and is now in the bedroom watching Mecum. I think he will be asleep soon. I am watching the Goonies. Love it!!! I can't decide if I want to move off the couch or go and sew. I'm going to give myself several minutes to think about it.
Saturday, December 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment