Friday, December 2, 2011

Lazy Friday Night

It is a yucky, cold night here.  It is raining, or I should say sprinkling.  A great night to curl up with a blanket and watch television.  This is exactly what we are going to do.

Steve is feeling better.  He is a little tired but not bad.  We are watching Mecum Auto Auctions.  They are in Kansas City this weekend.  We thought about going, but we decided we did not need a muscle car right now.  We might have a difficult time agreeing on which one to purchase.  Sometimes we do not always agree on which cars are good and which are bad.  At times we have very different taste.  I, of course, love the mustangs but not the fastbacks.  He likes the mustangs, novas, and chevelles.  I like those too, but on a car by car bases. He is more of an overall liker.  There was a '61 vet they just sold for $42, 000.00.  Steve is not a vet guy, but he liked this one.  It reminded me of one that Kevin R. had when I was in high school.  I rode in it many, many times and loved every minute.  Kevin was a senior when I was a sophomore.  I can remember screaming down the streets of North Kansas City with top down and having a blast.   Looking back, I am lucky to be alive.  I am lucky that I had a guardian angel.  Believe me, I kept her on her toes.  Riding in fast cars was just one of the ways.  Sometimes Steve tells stories about the cars of his youth.  I would tell you, but they are not my stories to share.  Those of you that knew him when he was younger will remember some of his cars.  By some of his stories, I think he must have been a little wild guy. When he shares his stories it makes me wish I would have known him.

I did not go to the gym this morning.  I went today after school and worked on the elliptical.  I will go in the morning to do my machine workout.   I am going to try to go early encase we want to do something later.  There are a bunch of games on television.   It is Championship Weekend.  After this weekend, there will be no more football except bowl games.  Where has the season gone.

We just saw on ESPN's scrolly thing on the bottom of the screen that there was a terrible accident involving some Missouri Southern students.   Steve just happened to be on the phone with Grandma.  She said the accident happened last night around 2:30.  It was near Sarcoxie.  It closed the lanes down for 5 hours.  What a terrible, terrible thing.   I feel so sorry for the families.  I heart goes out to them.  Here is a like to the US Today article:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2011-12-02/missouri-southern-players-killed-accident/51592654/1

It is things like this that make me stop and think how lucky I really am.  No matter what I am having to deal with, it can't be as bad as the things those parents are having to deal with now.  I am soooooooo blessed.  I have a loving husband, 3 beautiful daughters, 1delightful granddaughter, 1 great dog, a great job, a warm house, and WONDERFUL people like you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment