Steve has not been feeling very well today. He is fatigued and his stomach is upset. I thought he might have a fever, but our thermometer's battery is dead. He has been resting and watching the games. Between you and I, he has been sleeping some too. He will deny it, but closed eyes and snoring doesn't lie. I think part of his problem is his feet and legs are killing him. It might be the change in weather. Sometimes damp and col weather make his legs feel worse. I think he will go to be early tonight. He will start to watch the game, but I don't think he will make it to the end. We are planning on going to church in the morning, but if he is not feeling well, we will not go.
We are supposed to get some winter weather this weekend. I think it is going to start tomorrow-late, but get much worse on Monday. Is it possible that we will have a snow day before Christmas? I, of course, am trying to stay on top of the weather. I use the National Weather Service site to check the weather. Here is the site I use encase you want to adopt it as your own
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Mount+Vernon&state=MO&site=SGF&lat=37.1016&lon=-93.8179
I never did use it until several years ago. I think it was 2002. (I maybe off a year or two) Koleen and I were at the Jones' as a snow storm was approaching. Steve kept checking the weather on the computer, and we actually saw the storm approaching. I don't remember if he used the NWS, but until then, I had never even thought of checking the weather on the computer. That snow storm was huge. It was a little cold when we got there, but by the time we left, the ground was really covered. We sure did have a nice time with them that day. Memories :) It is amazing how time flies. Both kids were in middle school at the time. Now they are Brett-a senior at MU and Koleen-junior at MU. My, my, my. Brett was in my homeroom my first year at MVMS. I still remember reading Brett's paper in my class about deer hunting.
Steve did just finish eating some popcorn. He seems to feel a little better. Popcorn is an amazing food. He likes his will LOTS of butter. I can't stand butter on my popcorn at all. I like just salt. Some of you are probably old enough to remember the evolution of popcorn. The old pan with the oil and the constant shaking over the stove burner so it did not burn. (of course Mom had to do the shaking so we did not burn ourselves) There sure were a lot of old maids. Then the automatic popper that was a little burner that you poured oil and the kernels in and then put the orange lid on. Some of them had little hatches in the top where you could put butter so it would melt over the corn as it popped. You also had the option of sprinkling the butter flavored salt.
Can't forget JiffyPop. That was a classic. I think every time we used it, we burned the popcorn. We still try to use them when we camp, and we still usually burn it. During the college years, I had an air popper. Talk about disgusting popcorn. It was so dry that salt wouldn't even stick to it. You had a little water mister and sprayed the popcorn and then sprinkled the salt. Now a days, we just use microwave popcorn. All you do is hit the popcorn button, and your corn comes out perfect every time. Isn't modern technology wonderful!!!
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Mount+Vernon&state=MO&site=SGF&lat=37.1016&lon=-93.8179
I never did use it until several years ago. I think it was 2002. (I maybe off a year or two) Koleen and I were at the Jones' as a snow storm was approaching. Steve kept checking the weather on the computer, and we actually saw the storm approaching. I don't remember if he used the NWS, but until then, I had never even thought of checking the weather on the computer. That snow storm was huge. It was a little cold when we got there, but by the time we left, the ground was really covered. We sure did have a nice time with them that day. Memories :) It is amazing how time flies. Both kids were in middle school at the time. Now they are Brett-a senior at MU and Koleen-junior at MU. My, my, my. Brett was in my homeroom my first year at MVMS. I still remember reading Brett's paper in my class about deer hunting.
Steve did just finish eating some popcorn. He seems to feel a little better. Popcorn is an amazing food. He likes his will LOTS of butter. I can't stand butter on my popcorn at all. I like just salt. Some of you are probably old enough to remember the evolution of popcorn. The old pan with the oil and the constant shaking over the stove burner so it did not burn. (of course Mom had to do the shaking so we did not burn ourselves) There sure were a lot of old maids. Then the automatic popper that was a little burner that you poured oil and the kernels in and then put the orange lid on. Some of them had little hatches in the top where you could put butter so it would melt over the corn as it popped. You also had the option of sprinkling the butter flavored salt.
Can't forget JiffyPop. That was a classic. I think every time we used it, we burned the popcorn. We still try to use them when we camp, and we still usually burn it. During the college years, I had an air popper. Talk about disgusting popcorn. It was so dry that salt wouldn't even stick to it. You had a little water mister and sprayed the popcorn and then sprinkled the salt. Now a days, we just use microwave popcorn. All you do is hit the popcorn button, and your corn comes out perfect every time. Isn't modern technology wonderful!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment