Today we have several that feel under the weather. Amelia has a bladder infection and a small kidney stone. She went to the doctor yesterday and got some medicine. This morning she was fine when she left for school. She did get really sick at school. She was throwing up and dizzy. She could not drive so Steve went to Pierce City to pick Amelia and Aubree up. Amelia thinks that since she took her medicine last night and again this morning it made her sick. The directions were to take one daily. She is also feeling fluish. You know the stomach upset and aches. She is going to try to go to school tomorrow.
Steve does not feel well either. He was fine until about 5:30. His stomach was really upset and he felt throw uppy. He said it was not chemo sick, but he thought it was fluish too. He did go to bed at 5:30 and was immediately out. He is still sound asleep and it is 7:25. I am not going to wake him since he does not feel great. Other than this hitting him this evening, he has been doing well. I have been very proud of him. I really hope it is nothing more than a little upset stomach. I know the flu makes you feel yucky. Steve has his next scan on Monday.
I feel ok. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get what they have. I really don't want to have to use my sick days for me being sick. I was hoping that since I am eating healthy and exercising that I might not catch anything this year. I do disinfect the machines at the gym just incase there are nasty germs. They had a report on our news show, Channel 1, this morning about people not washing their hands. They say that cell phones have the most germs of anything. The most common germ is e-coili. ( I am not sure if that is spelled correctly.) I clean my phone quite often. I put Germ-X in my hand and then plaster it all over my phone. The kids were disgusted by the fact that a majority of people do not wash their hands after using the restroom. I told them that they should be disgusted since a LARGE majority of middle schoolers do not wash their hands after using the restroom. The thought of it makes me gag. I am a little germ-a-phobic when it comes to middle school germs. I hate when they touch my stuff and things that I have to touch. We do have Germ-X in a bunch of the classes. One cool thing that the school has done is install a squirt machine at the end of the lunch line right before they get their trays. They get a squirt of disinfectant foam. Our lunch lady makes sure they all squirt before they are allowed to get their food. Our librarian also has the same machine and stuff in the media center. She makes them squirt before they get on the computers. At MVMS, we take germs seriously!!!!
I have been watching a lot of the college basketball games lately. I do love college basketball too. My only problem is I am not able to stay awake to watch the completion of any game that isn't over by around 8. I am just worn out and go to sleep. This is very unusual for me. I have been known to stay up past midnight to watch a good game. Well, as a matter of fact, I have stayed up that late to watch a few bad games too. Steve has been staying up later than me to watch a few games. Well, let me rephrase that. He wakes up after I'm asleep and finishes the game.
I just saw the best commercial. It is a young guy getting ready to shave, and you hear people singing, "She'll be Comin' Around the Mountain." He finishes lathering up his face and is looking for his razor. The shower curtain opens and his mom and dad are taking a shower together in the same bathroom he is in. The best part is when the mother says, "Sorry, son," and hands him the razor from the shower. His face is priceless. I am not really sure what the commercial is for, but it is sure funny. I love commercials that make you laugh. So many of them insult your intelligence and some are just plain stupid. I really hate some of the commercials on the hunting channels. They really use sex to sell everything. It is simply disgusting. I know that the guys like this stuff, but some of the commercials are very degrading to women.
I think I am going to grab some frozen grapes and head to the bedroom to finish watching the Michigan State and Florida State game. You know, earlier this evening, I could not think of Tom Izzo's name to same my soul. I thought and thought and thought and came up with a blank. It was like a brick hit me in the head when they said his name at the beginning of the game. I find myself having this problem more often. I think I might be getting old. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it until I don't remember my own name. :)
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment