So it's the Friday after Thanksgiving. You know, the one they call Black Friday. We didn't really go Black Friday shopping but....
We went to Springfield to take the boat to Tracker Marine Service Center so it could be winterized. We dropped the boat off at 10. That is way early to eat lunch, so what is a person supposed to do for that hour? Well, of course they should go to Bass Pro. Yes, we did. We got a couple of Christmas gifts, but mostly we got some good stuff for Steve. He got a new lined denim jacket. I really like it. The stuff that we really wanted was not on sale. We will be in Springfield in Dec. for a couple of doctor appointments. It was not really crowded at Bass Pro. We had a good time. After that, we went to the Quilt Sampler. I thought I was going to buy some fabric, but once I got in the store, I wasn't in the mood to buy any new material. Don't get me wrong, they have a large selection of beautiful fabric. I just was unprepared. I don't do well with on the spot fabric purchases unless I simply LOVE the material. That didn't happen today. We met Elizabeth and Justin at Buckinghams on Sunshine. They didn't eat since they just finished breakfast. We had a nice visit. We came home after lunch.
Since it was a nice day, Aubree and I went bike riding on the Frisco Trail. It was a blast. We took my hybrid and Aubree's bike. She had to pedal herself today. We went 2 miles up and 2 miles back. She did a great job. She was a little freaked at the beginning because there was a little drop off on the sides of the trail. It is about 8-10 feet wide. She rode in the middle until she got some confidence about riding near the edge. She was leader most of the way. We stopped and rested on mile 2. Fortunately, there was a nice bench for us to sit on. We stayed there a little while. When we were getting ready to leave, a twin engine plane flew right over our heads a little above tree top level. The trail is next to the old Springfield Airport. We loved that. The way home was a little tougher than the way back. We stopped several times to rest and get drinks. We did bring our Camelbaks. We did push our bikes a little ways so give our legs a break. We had a wonderful time. On the way home in the car, Aubree ate her apple and mine. She fell asleep right as I pulled into the garage. She was pooped. I think she will want to go again.
I came home and worked on a sewing project. I also finished watching the LSU/Arkansas game. It was a good one. Steve went to Joplin to do some errands. We met at the Mexican Restaurant in town for supper. We had to wake Aubree to go. She was cranky at first, but once she started telling Opa about our ride, she snapped out of it.
We are home now watching the Pitt and W. VA game. We are trying to decide what games we want to watch tomorrow. There are so many good ones to pick from.
I think I will be going to bed early. I have not warmed up from the bike ride so I think a hot bath is on the agenda. Then I will snuggle up and go to sleep. Steve accused me of being a bed hog last night. He only had a tiny space to sleep in. I guess I will have to be more aware of my body position as I sleep. I don't want to be accused of hogging again tonight. You see I think it is because he has been getting up and going to the front room. When he is gone, I can spread eagle. I must think he is gone all night and just start grabbing my space before he leaves. So, really this is all his fault. I never did this before he started leaving and hitting the chair. So you see, he really brought this whole issue on himself. :)
Steve has been feeling quite well the past couple of days. He did great at Thanksgiving. He ate so much I thought he might blow up like a dog tick. He did fall asleep in the chair for a little while, but it was not bad. Today he did great. He drove the car with the boat trailer to Springfield. I drove after we dropped of the boat. He right foot was really bothering him. It hurt worse after we left Bass Pro. He did comment tonight that he couldn't believe how sore it still was. It doesn't surprise me since we did do quite a bit of walking around the store today. He was wearing his good walking shoes, but they still will bother him. Hopefully, tonight she will be able to rest and it won't keep him up.
Tomorrow it is supposed to be yucky and rainy. They say the temps will be dropping all day. I don't think there is any snow in the forecast. I think we will just take it easy at home. The only place we would go would be to Springfield. We were on the other side of town today and noticed some new restaurants that we wanted to try. We might have to hit one of those for lunch tomorrow. The only thing I ask is that we are home in time for the big MU/KU game. If I wake up early enough, I will go to the gym, cut then again.....
Oh, Ozark was in a totally different place this morning. He was hiding in the top of the evergreen tree that is in our front hallway. She found him straight away. She came up the stairs, looked where he was yesterday, and then spotted him in the tree. Opa was a little upset since he suggested the place to Ozark before Ozark made his trip to the North Pole. Aubree was so excited that she found him and that he had a good report for Santa. I am wondering where he will be in the morning.
Friday, November 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment