Today was a good day for us. We went out to breakfast. While we were there, we saw an old friend Petey. We used to shoot sporting clays with him. We spent many weekends blasting the clays and having a good time with Petey. It sure brought back some old memories. We had a real nice catch-up visit. Good times. After breakfast, we came home for a quick rest. Then off to Monett. We went to Walmart where I tried to pick out some new paint for my classroom. They are going to paint it black, gold, and white. We also did a little Christmas shopping. After Walmart, we hit Lowes. We were on a mission to find a new Christmas tree. Not the foil one (I am still looking, but I have a promising lead), but a fake green one. Luckily, we did find a great one. It is only in three pieces, and the lights are already on it. A big hit since our old tree was a million pieces, and we had to string the lights. What a mess! We got home and did a fun decoration from the dining room light. I got the idea from the Home Depot commercial. Boy, I have really been influenced by television lately. Next thing you know, I will be thinking that all our technology is from aliens. :)
 |
| Steve designed our hanging arrangement. Isn't he good? |
 |
| A view of the new tree and hanging arrangement. |
 |
| New floral arrangement and Christmas table runner. I made the runner. I got the arrangement at the Farmer's Market in KC. |
 |
Table with Samurai checking it out.
|
Steve has been feeling good today. No naps. Yea us!!! His legs and feet are feeling a little better. As you know, night is the worst for him when it comes to his feet and legs. He did switch to his Clark's today (shoes) and that might have helped. You know you should not wear the same shoes everyday. I have been wearing my Doc boots. I just love them. They are one of my favorite things to wear when the weather gets cold. Steve also has some good "hiking" boots that I am sure will be on his feet soon. Our temps. are supposed to be cold this week. No moisture in the forecast through Saturday. After that, who knows.
Aubree went to Cody's this noon to celebrate their Thanksgiving. When she got home, she helped me fix dinner. We had potato soup and grilled cheese. Let me tell you that that girl can spread the butter and place the cheese. The dinner was wonderful because we added love to the soup and sandwiches. After eating, she also helped me make suet for the birds. We have a secret recipe that the birds love. I can tell you the ingredients but I can't tell you the amounts. If I did, it wouldn't be a secret recipe. We mix lard, peanut butter, sunflowers, bread crumbs, corn meal, chopped peanuts, corn pieces, and thistle. I like to make different things for the birds at my house. This year, we are going to put out our old Christmas tree as a bird tree. We are going to string popcorn and hang feeders. Can't wait. We will do it on the next really pretty semi-warm afternoon. You know I have to take care of my little feathered friends.
Tomorrow school starts again. Don't get depressed. We have Christmas vacation starting the 21st. That is like three weeks and some days. I know I can last that long. Then we get off until the 3rd. We are still working on our research papers. We are starting the introductions and conclusions tomorrow. We are going to finish our rough drafts, proof, and rewrite the final publications. Then the real fun starts...reading and grading about 110 reports. WEEEEEEEE! I am planning on going to the gym tomorrow morning. I am afraid my body will revolt against getting up early and working out again. My goal is to make it all five days this week. That's two days upper, two days lower and one day a combo of both. You see, I am making myself accountable by telling you. This way if I don't do it, I have to confess to you. On the other hand, when I do do it, I will be able to brag to you.
We are watching Pumpkin Chunkin' on the Science Channel. Boy let me tell you, some of these chunkers are obsessed with flipping the orange. There are several categories: the catapult, the pressure blaster(air cannon), people powered, trebuchets(1972 feet chunk won this category last year), and others I can't remember. Did you know pumpkin chunkin' is considered a sport? Me neither. Hurling gourds into the heavens. Victor will bask in the glory of pumpkin chunkin history....these are some of the phrases they use in the introduction of the show. Each team has three minutes to fire their pumpkin. The whole field where they land is mapped with GPS technology and they use that to get an accurate distance. Amazing. I wonder if the aliens that gave us the GPS technology pumpkin chunk? What do you think? Maybe it is an ancient sport that was part of the first Olympics and we are just now adopting it as our own.
No comments:
Post a Comment