31 is the number of visitors PeaGoulash has had today. Yes, you read correctly...31. I believe this is a new record for us. WEEEEEEE! We are so blessed to have so many people that love us. Like I have said so many times before, this makes our hearts feel wonderful. I am also so happy that the news gets better and better. I reread from the first post till today. Steve has been a miracle boy. He looks like a totally new person from the time he was in the hospital to today. I feel so blessed that he is 1,000,000,000...times better better than the first post. Call us lucky, lucky, lucky.
It was a good day today. Steve got up really early and went hunting near Golden City. He was so quiet when he left that I didn't hear him. I slept in. (Yea, me) Steve called about 9:00 and said he had shot a nice buck. It was a 7 pointer. Three point on one side and 4 on the other. He took the buck to the Lockwood processing plant, so we did not get to see it. He was so happy. He was especially proud of his bloody jeans. You should have seen him smile when he was telling Aubree about the kill. She was a little upset because she wanted it to hang in our trees for a while. Opa said it was too warm to hang him. She got un-upset when he told her that there would be more jerky.
While Steve was hunting, I was cooking. I made stuffed pasta noodles. I made a cheese, hamburger, and tomato sauce. I put them in snail looking uncooked pasta shells. Aubree and I decided that we would call the dish, "Garys" after Sponge Bob's snail, Gary. Aubree thought that was cool. We are going to eat them later this week. I also made a meatloaf and froze it. I love to do mass cooking. I should do it every weekend, but alas, I don't.
We took a nap this afternoon and then headed to Walmart. I opened all the windows in the house to get some fresh air. It was sure windy again today. We had to do some grocery shopping. We also picked up some Christmas wrapping paper, some ornaments, and boxes. We thought it might be easier to do a little at a time. I got the ornaments to make a hanging decoration. If you watch television, I got the idea from the Home Depot commercial where the lady hangs ornaments from her chandler. We picked up green and red so I could try this. Steve is a good supporter when I want to try stuff like this. We grabbed some Braum's for supper. I also got a scoop of mint chip chocolate and Steve got chocolate almond in a waffle cone. We don't get Braum's very often. It beats McDonald's.
We are now at home, crashing in front of the television. We are watching a special on the Alaska: the gold rush, the pipeline, bush pilots, and the earthquake. It is a very interesting show. It means more to us now since we have been in some of the towns they mention. The scenery is beautiful, just like in real life.I'm not sure I would like the below zero wind chills and feet, feet, feet of snow. Maybe a summer house there and a winter house somewhere else.
No big plans this week. It is the last full week before Thanksgiving break. I am counting down. It should be a nice and quiet week for us.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment