Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Already Tuedsay

I got on the blog today to post and was surprised that I have not posted since Saturday. I thought I posted earlier this week.  I must be loosing my mind.

I had a good visit with Koleen this weekend.  We got up Sunday morning and hit the IHOP and had breakfast.  You know that place is packed all the time.  I think they could double the restaurants size, and it still would have a waiting list.  After breakfast, we went past Dot's for a visit.  She was doing better.  Her jaw was still swollen, but she was keeping things down.  All this is good.

I headed home about 12 or so.  I stopped at a couple of shops in Osage Beach.  They were having their Christmas Open Houses.  They had some wonderful, beautiful things.  I didn't purchase anything.  I was just getting ideas.  I will probably go back when I start decorating our house.  I am just not good at remembering what decorations I have.  I hate to buy things if I don't know where I am going to put it.

Steve had a good weekend.  He was not really busy.  I think he was just flying low.  I know he took several naps.  He is doing ok now.  He is tired.  He hauled the BBQ grill down to the vacant lot to dump the ashes.  He might have stressed his side.  I know it is really hurting him now.  He fixed dinner for me tonight.  He grilled BBQ ribs and steaks.  (I don't like ribs).  The steaks were delicious.  He always does a great job grilling.  After supper, he went back to watch TV, but when I checked on him, he was out.  He slept for a couple of hours.  He did wake up to get a drink and is now up watching Auction King.

Aubree is sleeping at the foot of our bed.  Amelia had a volleyball game at 9.

We have had a couple days of rain.  We had 7" total since Sunday night.  That is amazing.  I am hoping the ponds are filling up.  I am also thankful that it was not cold enough for it to be snow.  We started our research project this week, so I know snow days are possible.  Of course, the computers at school were acting up today.  It never fails.  I am hoping that they are back online tomorrow.  I hate when our technology is down.  We depend on it a lot.

I have still been going to the gym.  I have actually upped the weight on several of the machines.  I feel wonderful.  I just wish my changes were more visible.  I know that will come.  It is still not really crowded at 5-5:30 in the morning.  It is the same 4 or so there everyday.  I like it not being crowded.

I guess I can not put it off any longer.  I have to discuss the move to the SEC.  I have very mixed emotions about this.  I am afraid that everything I grew up believing is now wrong.  Why should I hate KU now?  I mean if the Tigers don't hate the Jayhawks, what it the purpose?  Who do I hate now?  I think it might be a good move for the basketball team, but I am really concerned about our football record over the next couple of years.  I only hope that we make a respectable showing.  I might be worried for no reason.  Obviously, there are wiser men making these decisions, or at least I hope they are wiser than me.  Like with all things...time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment