Friday, November 4, 2011

Travelin' Fool

I am on the road again.  I left after school today, and I am sitting at my parent's house watching the USC/Colorado game.  They live up in Laurie, Missouri, by the Lake of the Ozarks.  I decided that I needed to come and visit.  My dad fell last week and really hurt his knee.  He was chair bound all week.  He went to the doctor on Thursday.  The doctor said that his knee was ok, but he really needed to watch how he used it.  He does not need to wear a brace unless it starts to bother him.  He is so lucky.  I was really concerned when they told me about his fall.  He fell down the stairs in his out building.  He thought there were 12 steps, and there were really 13.   He landed on his knee.  That is a blessing.  It could have been worse if he hit his head or hurt his knee more than he did.  I am having a real nice visit.  I brought several of my quilt projects to have a "show and tell" with my mama.  I showed them Pea Goulash.  Dad got a kick out of it, and could not believe that people actually read about our life.  He also thought the name Pea Goulash was funny.  Mom, of course, is worried that I am being stalked by some creep that reads it.  She is very untrusting of the internet.  Sometimes you forget how good it feels to go home.

Tomorrow morning, I am going to eat breakfast with them and then head for Columbia.  I am going to spend Saturday afternoon and night with Koleen.  I am going to her new store where she works to check it our.  We are going to watch the LSU/Alabama game, sew, and ride our bikes on the Katy Trail.  It should be an exciting weekend.

Steve is going to take it easy while I am gone, or so he says.  I talked to him tonight, and he was ready for bed.  He has been feeling a little better each day.  If he doesn't really push it, he feels better.  You know how that goes.  I think if the weather is nice, he will probably mow the leaves.  Yes, you read right.  Mow the leaves.  He just loves to chop up those puppies.  The sad thing is that since we have white oak trees, the leaves fall down right behind the mower.  He gets so frustrated.  We will have leaves dropping until the new spring buds push them of the branches.  That's the way it is with native trees.  I am lucky that we don't have a plow on that mower, or he would be on it year round :)

No comments:

Post a Comment