Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wonderful weekend

This was a great weekend for us.  Steven felt great about 80% of the time.  I was so proud of him.  We went out to eat a couple of times and even took Grandma and Grandpa to Dairy Queen on Sat. evening.  It was pretty funny.  Steve said he wanted to go to DQ and he thought we should call his folks.  I called and Grandma had just asked Grandpa what he wanted for supper.  Did he want to go into Monett and have DQ?  It worked out perfect.  We picked them up and headed south.  We had a nice supper and even saw David, Tammie, Parker and Brilynn there.  David and Tammie were babysitting and went out to eat too.  The treats were nice too.  We had sundaes.  Grandma had pineapple, Grandpa strawberry, Steve hot fudge and I had chocolate.    Today we went to church and then to Grandma's for dinner.  Mike ate with us too.  We always have such a good time with them.  Mike is so funny with his AT&T stories about his calls and things.  After that, we had a short nap and have been just hanging out.  We are watching the season finale of Top Shot.  Steve is pretty adamant about a couple of the guys not winning.  They are real jerks.  We shall see who will win the title of Top Shot.

I have been working on some more purses.  I have another computer case finished and deliver it Tues. morning.  It is for a former student that is going to MU as a freshman on Wed.  It is black/gold tiger stripe (of course)  I will include a picture when I finish some more and post the pictures.

Aubree starts her new sitter tomorrow.  She will be going to Kingsway.  She is so excited.  Amelia and I also report for the first day of workshops.  We have a personality speaker.  We had to take a personality test to determine which color personality we have.  I have RED, which means that I am motivated by power.  Who would have guessed that?!  Our morning will be learning how we can use our motivation to be better teachers.  I'll let you know what I learn.  This is not the first time we have had workshops similar to this one.  I only hope that we learn something new.  In the afternoon, we have to take two computer based classes.  I am taking one on Google Docs and one on making a teacher website.  As soon as I get my website up and going, I'll post the address and you can check it out and see what Doss' Communication Arts class is doing.  I am really not excited about going back to school.  I really like teaching but I sometimes worry about Steven being alone all day long.  When he is feeling well, I am not concerned.  When he is in his bad days, that's what worries me.  The good thing is that there are only 180 contract days left!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment