Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday night already?

Just when you start enjoying the time at home, BAM it is Sunday night and back to work in the morning.  Well, that is how I feel this evening.  I can't believe how fast the weekend went.  I guess I think it went so fast because it was a wonderful time.  Steve felt great both days, which is wonderful.  We went to church this morning.  There was a guest pastor that Steve liked. This pastor explained the background of the readings so we had a point of reference and new what was happening when it was written. We stayed for communion and then left.  It is difficult for him to sit on those benches for more than an hour.  We do not stand and sit because that wears him out.  After church we went to Family Restaurant for a brunch and then it was nap time.  He was hungry for Mexican tonight so off we went to the local Mexican restaurant.  We are back home now and he is wiped out.  He will sleep all night, but he needs the rest.  It seems like when he feels well he wants to run, run, run.  We have some appointments this week so that will wear him down at the beginning of the week.

My mother is in Aurora babysitting my brother's kids.  She is stopping by for "lunch" tomorrow.  I am off from 10:15-11:22 so we are going to eat and visit.    It will be rushed but it will be nice to see her.  Even though they only live 3 hours away, we don't see each other very often.  They are constantly on the go with their travel trailer and well....we don't go places so much anymore.

Koleen thought she might get to come home this weekend after the Illinois-Missouri game in St. Louis.  She will not be able to because she has to work on Monday.  It is Labor Day weekend so they are thinking they might be busy.  I think it is great that she is going to see the Mizzou game.  I loved going to Mizzou games and sure think the football atmosphere is something that all students should experience again, again and again.  This will be a special game because it will be at a dome stadium and it is a be rivalry game.  MIZ-ZOU!!!!!!  Got to love the tigers!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that Doug's team, Republic, also won their game on Friday.  Good for them!  I hope they have a wonderful season and have way more wins than losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment