You will never believe our day today. I am titling this Top Chef because Steve was the main chef at our house today. He was feeling good this morning and suggested he make omelets for us for brunch. Aubree and I chopped all the ingredients and he cooked them for us. He as always been the Omelet King at our house. It was so nice to see him up and do something productive. After brunch, he went back to bed and took a long nap. He woke up just in time for dinner and once again, he wanted to be a part of it. He grilled the steaks for us. He did an excellent job and as always cooked my steak perfectly. I hardly ever order steaks out because no one can match Steve's steaks. He has a special marinade ( I'd tell you what was in it if I knew myself). It is a top secret. After supper, he went back to bed and is still resting. He will go back to Grandma's tomorrow. She already told him that she would make him homemade bread and gravy for breakfast. How do I compete with that?
I was not really busy this weekend, but I was productive. I finished another purse. I am really proud of this one. It is a little whimsical. It has cherry fabric lining because the girl that I made it for loves cherries. My friend, Mona, came over this AM to help me with the button placement. She has a give for things like that. I am trying to be outside the box, but I am not quite there. I think she did a great job in helping me. I am lucky to have her to lean on when I need to be really creative.
I have been getting several requests for purses. They ask me what I can do, and I say what measurements do you want and what colors do you want? And off I go. Basically, there are unlimited options so anything is possible.
Tomorrow starts the first full week of school of the 2010-11 year. I know that all the sixth graders are so excited to start the week off with reviewing sentences: subject, predicate, and the four types. "WEEEEE," they say, "Let's do grammar!"
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Very Cute Purse!!!! Glad to hear you had a great day!!! Hope you have an AWESOME week!!!! Love Ya!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteDoug,Kim,Julia,Brian :)