Monday, August 16, 2010

Flying Solo

Today was the first day for teacher workshops and the first day that Steven and Samurai were at home by themselves.  I am happy to report that their first solo flight went well and they did not crash and burn.  Steve actually went to visit a friend at a local nursing home and ate lunch at Mazzios.  He only ate two pieces of pizza because he was a little iffy about how his stomach would react to it.  He also had the salad bar.  He and Samurai did well together also.  He took him out and fed him.  I have been working very hard with Samurai not pulling on his leash.  He does a good job for me and is always a little gentleman.  He also behaved for Steve.  (thank God--I was concerned that Samurai might try to pull a fast one and pull his leash out of Steve's hand and take off for the timber or fields.   The only issue was that Samurai threw-up his breakfast.  Steve thinks he just ate it way to fast.  Samurai is feeling much better.  Tonight Steve is tired because he did not take a nap this afternoon.  I think he just was to excited and stayed up watching TV instead of resting.  I was not there to remind (Steve might say nag) him to rest.   Also, he did not take his 11:00 pills.    He said he forgot, but is suffering this eve because his pain got ahead of him.  Hopefully, he will become better at remembering his pills while I am away.  I have every faith that he will do better as the days progress.  I must confess, that I sure missed him today.  I had a hard time concentrating because I was worried that he was ok and I don't want him to be lonely during the day too.  I talked to him twice to just check.  I know he is a big boy, but it is hard for me to let go.  This might be the RED in me wanting to be in control.

Tomorrow, Grandpa is coming in the afternoon.  They are going to lunch and then hangout.  I will be a great day for both of them.  Grandma and Amelia are going to run errands in Springfield, so basically the boys will be "sitting" each other.   I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what they talk about.  :)

Our workshops went well.  It was funny that several people I could guess their color right off.  Some were perfect examples of that color.  The sad thing is that I found out a lot about RED and believe me, it is not all good.  I am the type of person that everyone wants on their team, but no one wants to work with me.  I guess that is a harsh reality that I will have to face.  They never mentioned if you could change, just what you had to do to live with the way you are.  It also shed some light on why I have difficulties with some of the people who teach at my school.  On the other side of that coin, I now know why they have issues with me, too.  (HA)  I also have new insights on how to deal with some of the students in my class.  I am hoping that I will be a better teacher because of the things I learned today.

Aubree really enjoyed her first day at her new preschool.  She was concerned that she had to leave her pillow and blanket there and not bring it home each night.  She was also shocked that "two boys hit each other".  I guess large groups of kids sometimes exhibit antisocial behaviors.  (a real shocker)  This might be an eye opening experience for her.  Hopefully, the tales she tells us are about others and not about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment