It is pretty late for me on this Friday night. I have been crocheting and reached a stopping point. I thought I would blog tonight instead of waiting until tomorrow. As the pattern would dictate, we had a great day today. I babysat Aubree this morning and we went to visit Betty at the Vets Home. After we got home, Steven was ready to go. He wanted to go to Joplin for lunch. We went to Olive Garden. It is one of Steve's favorite places. He eats the chicken parmesan and loves the endless breadsticks and salad. After we got home he rested while I went to the Bean for a book signing and some visiting with my friends. It was a nice time. I came home and he was up. We watched Man, Woman, Wild and Dual Survivor (typical Friday night except he stayed up through all of Dual--usually he goes to sleep and has to watch the finish the next day) We really like Cody better than Dave which really goes against what we thought when we first started watching the show. During commercials, we had to switch back and forth between Dual and Mecum. Steven sure loves his muscle cars. He is talking about trying to go to a Mecum auction later this year. Can't wait! I love when he has a good day. It is so nice when he gets out and does things. I know it is hard on him to stay at home so much. He is counting the days until it cools off so he can "piddle" around the house and yard. God only knows what that means. If it is anything like before he got sick, God help me. All his little projects become major projects in a matter of minutes. You would be amazed at how a simple act can be come a major production when he starts getting creative. I am excited for those days even though I end up with very different results than he started out to accomplish. That is how I got the rock sidewalk and fountain at the farm. He started out just wanting to level the bricks and a couple weekends later....I had a beautiful stone walkway and a marvelous fountain and pool.
I am now watching Ninja Warrior. Steven started it but has now gone to sleep. I am thinking that Steve is a Ninja Warrior with his battle against cancer. It is really a test of his strength and mental toughness. I am so proud of him. He is doing so well. He is a real warrior in my eyes.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment