The rest of the process was done by Grandma and Amelia. Grandpa was in charge of getting and cleaning new jars as we needed them. We really cranked out the batches. I believe we made five batches. That's a lot of jam. Here is a picture of some of the jars. There were 6 more on the table that could not get in the picture. We are one lucky group of people. We have wonderful jam. Can't wait for the homemade bread and rolls.
Steven has not had a good couple of days. He is plumb tuckered out. I personally think it is from being so busy the last couple of days. We went to the auction on Saturday where it was really hot, crowded and he stood the whole time. Sunday was really busy (see the last blog for details). Monday was also a busy day. We went to license the truck at the courthouse, but in the paperwork, they forgot to include the title application. We had to drive to Saracoxie to get it. We wanted them to mail it but we would not have received it in time to avoid a penalty. Riding in the car is hard on him. After we went to Sarcoxie, we took care of the paperwork and then went home to rest. I must admit, I took a nap and thought Steven was doing the same. Little did I know, he stayed up and watched Superman on. After "nap", we went to Monett to Lowe's to get a new head for the weed eater. Once again, he pushed it. Today he is suffering for his lack of sleep and pushing it to hard. He sometimes forgets how bad he will feel if he overdoes it when he feels well. When we made jam, he rested in the chair at his mom's. He watched The Price Is Right with his dad. I believe he only missed the price on the final showcase by less than $1000.00. I am hoping that he does not get hooked on this show too. Now he is resting next to me in the bed. Luckily, he did not think he had to stay up and watch the Sheepman with Glen Ford. I have to confess it is a pretty good movie.
At 3:00, I have to take Samurai to see Doc. Dake. He was up all night scratching and carrying on. He went to the groomer yesterday and they used a new shampoo on him. I took him back today to get an oatmeal bath to help relieve the itch. We are seeing Doc Dake because the scratching has not stopped and he is really red under his hair. He also has what they call a "hot spot". I have some spray that I have been putting on it. Doc will look at the spot and hopefully figure out what is causing the itch and how we can fix it. I'm not sure I can stand another night of the scratching and whining. He really was miserable. We are really fortunate that he is such a good dog. He does a great job with Steven when he good or bad. He also does a wonderful job with Aubree.
I want to say a thank you to Uncle Al and Aunt Mary. They sent us such a nice card. We really appreciate all the nice thoughts.

No comments:
Post a Comment