The chocolate pies is the other reason for today's title. It was huge. I would like to say I made it, but I must confess that we got it from the Red Barn bakery. Steve thought I should take the pictures and show everyone, but brag and challenge anyone to make one as good as mine. (See, I told you he was feeling better.)
I have to tell you now that he is watching Afraid of the Dark, which is on the History Channel. It is about why people through time have been afraid of the dark: fire, attack, legends...It is actually pretty interesting. The Mecum Auto Auction is a favorite because it features all our "dream" cars...muscle, restored and where they just put everything possible on a car and call it cool. We watch this quite often. Believe me we have watched reruns over and over and over. It never gets old seeing the same cars selling. HA. It is a dream time and a time to regret not buying those types of cars when they first came out, putting them in storage and selling them now for thousands and thousands of dollars profit. In August, there is a new sale which will be on HD theatre. Can't wait. We would love to actually go to a sale. They travel around the states and have had some in Branson, KC and St. Louis. We have not been able to attend those, but we will when he is feeling better. It is really strange all the things he is planning to do when he feels better.
We were discussing haying today on the way into town. We were remembering when we square baled in upper 90 degrees days. I drove the tractor with the baler and he bucked bales. If we had enough people helping, we could have a driver, a hooker and a bucker. We also had a regular assembly line loading and unloading the hay wagon. We were talking about how hot and bad it was and how glad we no longer had to to that kind of work. I know some of you will remember those days. The only thing good was when Grandma brought snacks and we took our breaks. Cowboy coffee cake is still a family favorite. Koleen still requests it from Grandma. During this discussion, Steven commented that he would feel the hay way again if he didn't have to feel the way he felt now. It made me think that all things good and bad are based on our perspective. At the time of the haying, we didn't think we could ever feel worse or we would prefer to do that rather than what we were doing now.

No comments:
Post a Comment