Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday News

It is now day two of Chemo II.   It was a pretty quiet day.  I was up before 8 and went to coffee.  Steven slept most of the day.  He did get up and eat some watermelon.  After that he took another nap until around 6:30.  He was sleeping very sound because Samurai and I are not really quiet in the house.  When he woke up, he ate a bowl of Raman and then went back to bed.  I have to say that when he was up for dinner, he looked much better than he did in the morning.  His face is really flushed the first two days or so.   His was not as flushed this evening as it was this morning.  He is a little nauseated.  I believe that is why he did not eat so well today.  Hopefully, he will eat a little more tomorrow.  I am going to our town's farmers market tomorrow to pick up some fresh produce.  He really likes his tomatoes, cucumbers, corn and such.  They are good for him and I don't have to force him to eat them.  We really strive to get a bunch of protein everyday too.  He is a big meat eater when his stomach is not upset.  Beef over chicken but we realize that we have to really eat more chicken.  We are working on that.

I am sitting here thinking that this time last year we were having the Lampe family reunion.  That was a great time.  I treasure those memories.  I loved putting faces and personalities to names.  I know Steven had a great time too.  We talk about it and everyone all the time.  It means even more to us now that we are facing the issues we are.  Family is so important and we are sooooo thankful for our all of our family.  Near or far, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

A quick thanks for all the thoughtful texts and calls.  They really mean a lot to us.  We are very thankful for modern technology.  It makes keeping everyone informed easier.  Also, thanks for the very nice cards and letters.  They always make our hearts warm and bring a smile to our faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment