Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday News

Before I talk about today, I have to tell you about last night.  Oh, My Gosh!  There was a huge, I mean gynormous storm.  When we went to bed last night-around 9 we could hear and see the storm off to the west.  The lightening was flashing and the thunder was a distant boom.  Well, let me tell you.  As the storm moved closer, it got louder and louder.  It felt like when it was at its peak, it was stuck over the house.  It lasted forever.  The lightening flashed right outside the door and it was still bright when the crash came.  We even looked out several times to see if we had some trees left.  It was pretty intense.  During the storm, I had a hard time breathing.  It felt like my blood pressure was way out of whack.  When we woke up this morning and checked the rain guage...we had 3.5 inches of new rain.  That is about 5.5 inches in the last week.  Steve, of course, had to call and tell his mama about the rain.  They barely got an inch.  They have missed out on the past couple of storms.  We are in the path of another storm tonight.  Off to the west on the radar it is red, red, red.  I hope it doesn't camp on my doorstep.

Our day was very lazy.  Aubree and I went to coffee at 8.  It was fun and I think she enjoyed seeing everyone.  I know they like to see her.  We came home and fixed breakfast for Opa.  We had bacon, eggs, toast and all the good stuff.  After breakfast, we messed around and Opa slept.  We had BLTs for lunch and then Opa slept some more.  I too fell asleep on the couch watching Jaws.  Love that show.  My favorite scene is the one in the boat where they are showing off all their bites.  I love the story of the USS Indianapolis.  I have read several books on it actually.  It is quite a story from WWII.  My gosh, the things the "boys" did so we could have the life we have.  We had a nice dinner.  Steven ate ok, but his stomach is a little queasy.  He ate some, but I am afraid he is a little nervous about eating because he does not want to get sick.  Can't say I blame him.  I am proud that he does eat the amount he does.  He is back in bed sleeping.  You know he is worn out because it is Picker and Pawn Starts night.  Don't worry, I am recording Pawn Star.  Pickers is a rerun.

Samurai is happy that Aubree is home.  She has given him a million hugs.  He has also scored.  He, so far, has chewed a pair of pink flip flops (she left under the dining room table) and a barrette that I have no idea where he found it.  Hopefully she will remember to put her stuff away.  She is a big help.  She keeps his water bowl full and helps feed and take him out.  Both are growing to be so big.

Tomorrow I have my digital mammogram.  I am not really excited about it.  It seems that the digitals hurt worse than the normal squeeze.  Don't worry, it is just routine.  I have to have the digital every 6 months since we had issues in the past.  It is just the follow-up.  The good thing is I have a massage scheduled for Thursday morning.  I can't wait.  I sure need one.

I will post again tomorrow unless we float or blow away with this next storm.  If Steven were feeling better, he might be out back building an ark.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment