Friday, July 16, 2010

Fantastic Friday

Today was the best day yet since Chemo II.  Steven was up in the front room watching TV a majority of the day.  WEEEEE!  He as eaten great today.  Hopefully he is over the hump for this treatment.  We had a nice surprise today.  Leland came by for a visit.  It was a great visit today.  It was so nice catching up on Dakota and his family.  This afternoon, Amelia, Opa, and Aubree watched Second Hand Lions.  Opa loves that movie.  The two old men are great.

Yesterday, Grandma and Grandpa came for a visit and stayed for dinner. We had honey baked ham sandwiches.  A good piece of meat, cheese and bread it hard to beat.  Grandma made chocolate chip cookies and they were great.  We had a nice visit.  The topic was Roy Rogers and his horse, Trigger.  I guess a stuffed Trigger went for over a million dollars in an auction yesterday.  Really, who would want a stuffed horse.  We read that he was stuffed in 1967... the horse not Roy!  Holy cow or should I say Holy horse.  Talking about that brought back memories of early childhood shows.  It is always nice to talk about those memories.  Grandma said the boys loved that show and always wanted to be cowboys.  I believe she even mentioned cowboy pjs.  Can't you just see the Doss boys in cowboy jammies!  I know I can.  Love it.

Not any plans for the weekend.  We are just going to take it easy and rest.  They say the heat is here until next Thurs. so we are ready to stay inside.  The heat and humidity make it so difficult for Steven to catch his breath.  It is nice to have AC and satellite television on days like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment