Yes, it is Sunday evening, and it is time to get ready for a new week. Today was a good day for us. Steve woke up feeling ok. He wanted to go down to Apple Butter Makin' Days. We did. We walked around the square. He bought a new wallet. It was camo with leather and a Browning deer head on the leather. It was a tri-fold. He really did need a new one, so I am glad he found one he liked. We had a funnel cake. It was not really crowded. In fact, it was really nice. It was cool with a breeze. We had lunch at the Cattleman's tent. Thanks Steve J. for cooking our lunch. It was perfect, just like it has been every year I can remember. There is nothing like their steak sandwich. I think Steve was craving one, so it worked out perfect. There was no line, which is a miracle.
After our ABMD adventure, we came home to relax. I worked on my Halloween quilt, and Steve rested. I found out I need a few yards more of material, so off to Joann's Fabric I went. Boy was that a mistake. I arrived and got my cutting number. They were on 62; I was number 82. I had about a 45 minute wait to get my material cut. I guess everyone and their brother was there to purchase the supplies needed to make Halloween costumes. I got my border material and headed home. I worked on the quilt for several hours. I am trying to finish the quilt this week.
We are now watching a new show on National Geographic call Brain Games. It is a very interesting show. Our brains are amazing. It is a shame we don't use it to full capability. You should check out this show if you get the opportunity. It is very scientific, but it also uses everyday experiences to explain things. I have been a sucker on several of the observation games they have shown. I am really going to have to work on my observation skills. The second part is on multitasking. It seems that people are not as good at it as they think they are. Driving gets worse when we multitask..like talking on the phone. It causes 330,000 accidents a year and 2500 deaths. It is almost the same as driving while buzzed.
Another show I want to comment on is Rocket City Rednecks. It is on Wednesdays at nine on National Geographic. If you thought Swamp People was great, you will love this show. I asked Steve to help me explain it to you, but he said you would just have to watch it to understand it. I think it puts rednecks on a whole new level.
Tomorrow I do not have school. We have teacher meetings. I almost wish we did have school. I really dislike some of the meetings we have to attend. I'll let you know how tomorrow's meetings go.
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment