I came home tonight to the perfect dinner. Steve was feeling great so he fixed a very special meal. We had grilled T-bone steaks, baked potatoes, salad, warm bread, asparagus, and then s'mores. Yummy, yummy, yummy. He tried a new steak rub, and it was perfect. I was so excited. He had a wonderful day, and I came home to a cooked meal. I guess you can call me lucky, lucky, lucky.
Yesterday, Steve had his flu and pneumonia shots. He went to see Dr. Hinojosa and he even signed his crossbow permit. He was so thrilled. Unfortunately, it has rained yesterday and today. I guess he will have to wait to get the big one until the weather is a little nicer. Those shots really hurt his arm. The pneumonia shot hurt the worse. It was a little early for the flu shot, so he will have to go back and get another one in January. Better safe than sorry. Dr. Hinojosa thought he looked great. Steve was happy; therefore, I am happy.
I have been working on the Halloween quilt. I am in the final stages. The top is pieced with borders attached. It is ironed and placed on the batting and backing. I just have to make a few adjustments. Hopefully tomorrow night I will be able to start tying it together. I am thinking about using black and orange, skinny ribbon. I'm excited to finish it so I can show you some pictures. Believe me, this quilt is way out of my normal box. While I have been sewing, I have been watching more chick flicks. I've watched Sweet Home Alabama, Pride and Prejudice, and The Holiday. I must say I sure do like the leading men in these three films. My favorite part has to be when Mr. Darcy tell Elizabeth that he loves her, "most ardently". It just melts me. It also makes me tear up. I love when they hate each other at first and then fall madly in love. The funny thing is, I hate to read romance books. They kill me.
I talked with my friend, Lorene, today. She had her first chemo last Thursday. She sounded great. She is really fatigued, but she did run errands in town by herself today. It just takes a few chemo sessions to figure out exactly how your body reacts on what days after chemo. I know it is hard for active people to have to rest and stay inactive. It is probably one of the toughest parts of being sick. I am very proud of her attitude. She is in great spirits. Tom made sugar cookies and brought them to school to share. They were delicious. He is always making us goodies. We sure do love Tom!
We are watching Rocket City Rednecks, again. They are working on making an arial recon surveillance spy platform. It is going to be attached to a huge weather balloon. I really do not understand exactly what they are doing. All I know is that it is a good laugh. The best part tonight is the one guy, Rob, has a plan for the arial recon surveillance sply platform that involves beer and guns. They are going to do paintball combat to simulate actual battle. This involves paint guns, blindfolds, walkie talkies and beer. Can't wait to see what that exactly is. They do have what they call the Code of Three S's: You always have to be serious, a Southern gentleman, and safety third. This is a little different from our code because we say, "Safety first". That is one of Aubree's favorite sayings. Like I mentioned last week, if you have not seen this show, you must check it our. Who knows, one day we may see the Rocket City Rednecks' arial recon surveillance spy platform that is made from garage junk in the battlefields aiding American soldiers.
Elizabeth and Justin are on a mini holiday. They are going to a place in Dixon, MO. I don't know many of the details, but will tell you all about it when they return. It is a very primitive cabin with no running water, no electric lights, and close to several wineries to tour. Sounds like a wonderful time to me. I love doing the primitive and camping stuff. It might be a place we can go and take a break. Wouldn't that be wonderful!
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment