I am in Kansas City for the weekend. It is the annual girls weekend trip. We are staying at a hotel near the Plaza. We got here and walked the Plaza. We had a nice surprise, Kay drove over from Columbia for the evening. We went to Tomfooleries for supper. It was sure good. We walked down to Barnes and Noble to cruise the bookstore. We are now back in the room watching the Cardinals and Rangers. It is now 2-5 Cardinals. They just walked in two runs. Holy cow!
Last night, Steve watched the whole game. It was the best game ever he said. It did not get over until after midnight. I was in total shock this morning when he told me he lasted the whole game. The day of chemo. It must be a Cardinal miracle. I, of course, slept. There was no way I could stay up for it. He is feeling ok for the first day after chemo. He kind of slept in this morning. He ran to McDonald's for lunch...you know McRibbs are back. After that, he did hop on the mover and tackle the side yard. I was amazed. I am guessing that he will be paying for that tomorrow. But you know, if he feels like doing it, I just stand back and shake my head. When I left, about 1, he was resting. I know he wanted to nap so he could watch the game tonight. I feel bad leaving him at home, but the girls said they would keep an eye on him. He did tell me that he was a big boy, and I needed to get away. He is so good to me. He told me that he probably would sleep all weekend so what was the point of me being there? I know the girls will take good care of him for me. I've talked to him twice since I arrived, and he seems to be doing fine. He sounded a little tired. He is now watching the game too. Hard to believe that it is already game 7. Steve really wants the Cardinals to win. He now has time invested in the Cardinals so he hopes they "pay off" for him. I am a little concerned after the World Series is over. I am hoping and praying that we do not go back to watching our regular television line-up, but I am afraid we will watch them more since we have probably miss several KEY episodes. What did people do before they showed shows over and over and over and over and over?
Parent teacher conferences went fine. I had 19 parents last night and 8 parents today. Not a bad percentage considering I have 110 students. I have not actually done the math, but it does not look good. I took my quilts to school so I would have something to do when there were no parents. I am happy to report that I pinned some on my Christmas quilt and on my Barf II quilt. It is amazing how much I can accomplish when I don't have any interruptions.
Koleen likes her new job. I am not sure if I told you that she does have a new job. She is working at a quilt shop, Satin Stitches. She is so excited. She was telling us about some of the fabrics and collections they have at the shop. I think this is a good move for her. She helped a lady pick out material for a log cabin quilt today. The lady picked browns, turquoise, and mint green. Koleen was not sure she liked it, but the shopper seemed happy, and that is all that matters. She is learning a bunch about mixing colors and patterns. I know when I used to sew a lot of clothes, I was really careful about the matching colors. Once I started quilting, all that was shot. Anything goes. I think the Barf quilt and the Halloween quilt are proof of that. Koleen has an artistic eye so I can't wait to see some of the projects she makes in the future.
Tomorrow we are planning on going to the WWI museum here. I am excited. I love things like that. I have never been to a WWI exhibit. It should be really good. I believe we are going to watch the game somewhere, but I am unsure of where. We talked about going up North to the Zona Rosa mall. They have several prime places to enjoy some refreshments and watch the MU game.
Friday, October 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment