Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Is Winter Here?

I'm afraid I have to answer yes to that question.  I am not basing my answer on the temperature or weather.  I am using hardcore scientific facts to prove this.  1.  There was a pair of cardinals (male and female) hanging out on my feeders today.  I have not seen them until today.  2.  When I took Samurai out this evening, I heard geese flying overhead.  3.  The kids were CRAZY today...what more proof do you need.  I have not decided if I am excited about this or not.  I really like the colder weather because more of my birds are visiting me and stay around for my enjoyment.  I like wearing hoodies and warm wool socks.  It is hot tub time.  Pretty soon Aubree and I will hit the water and soak in the evenings. The bad things are I hate being cold, you can't be outside for long, and it will be a pain going to the gym in the mornings when it is cold.  I'm afraid it had to happen sooner or later.

Tomorrow is Chemo for Steve.  He has an early lab so he will be home before noon.  I am not taking him.  He is going my himself.  It is hard not to go with him.  I feel like it is my job to look after and take care of him.  I am like a mother hen.   It makes me nervous that he is driving home.  Sometimes, the chemo makes him tired.  I am praying that all goes well.   He has been feeling well.  He had a couple of bad days this week.  It seemed that all was well and them without warning, fatigue hit.  You know the kind that totally wipes you out and you have to stop whatever you are doing and sleep.  On his good days, he did accomplish several chores this week.  I am always so grateful when he is able to do the things he does.  It is a big help.  It makes me feel good and makes him feel good.

We are watching Wed. Night Football.  Dr. Lou just said, "Fools and big people do not change their minds."  I must confess, I do agree with the doctor.  I know several fools that will never ever change their minds on any topic.   

Tomorrow is parent teacher conferences at Mt. Vernon.  We get out at 1, and then have conferences on Thursday 4-7 and Friday 9-12.  I don't have to tell you, I don't like conferences.  We must tell parents bad things about their kids, but do it in a way that they think we are complimenting them.  It is just a word game.  You think I would love them because I can BS with the best of them.  I am guessing that the attendance will be down because of the Cardinals' game and the Mt. Vernon football game.  I also think that Parent Portal will make parents feel that they have been kept up-to-date, and they don't need to meet with us to discuss grades.  Oh, well.  I'm not sure what it right.  I just know that the hours drag.  

My friend Lorene has her second chemo tomorrow.  Her appointment is later than Steve's, so I am not sure if they will see each other.  I talked to her this evening.  She sounded great!.  She was in very good spirits.  She had even been doing walnuts this week.  That is wonderful.  Her hair has been falling out, so she had her head shaved today.  I think that takes a lot of courage.  Sometimes it amazes me how in the face of "bad things" some people still shine.   I admire her for her great spirits and courage!  

No comments:

Post a Comment