Steve felt really rough this morning and early afternoon. His stomach was really bothering him. This did not keep him from watching the Tiger's victory with our little tiger, Aubree. When they won, Aubree called me to announce the victory. After the game, he rested and woke feeling better. Elizabeth came to visit him this afternoon. She brought her dog, Hunter, along. He was in his Halloween costume, a squirrel. Aubree also went trick or treating this evening. She was a witch. After they left, Steve was feeling better so he camoed-up and headed for the top-secret, best place in the world to get a deer spot. Tonight was his lucky night and the deer's unlucky night. He bagged a nice doe. He says he "put the sneak" on her. She was 35 yards away and when he shot her, she only ran 20 yards. I am thankful for that. I always worry that he will trek through the woods trying to find a downed deer and will not be able to get back out of the woods with it. This is his first kill with his new crossbow. He was sooooo excited when he called me to tell me his news. It was like talking to a little kid. I am so happy for him. I only wish I was there to see his smile and sparkling eyes. This is a great day. I was really concerned that he would never really hunt again, but God answered prayers. He dressed it and kept the back straps for us and is going to take the rest to Lockwood so they can process it into jerky. Yummy, yummy. I talked to him about 10 minutes ago, and he is starting to wear down. The excitement that helped him with the field dressing and those kind of chores has started to wear off. My guess is he will sleep well tonight.
I have had a wonderful day in Kansas City. We woke and went to Bob's Shoes. I got a couple of Christmas presents there. We hit the City Market next. Loved it! I bought some homemade noodles, steak seasoning, winter table decoration, and a glow-in-the-dark yard ornament. It was so much fun there. You would not believe all the fresh veggies, herbs, pumpkins, flowers, honey, homemade jewelry and so much more. It reminded me of Pike's Market in Seattle. It was not as big, but I am guessing during the peak summer season, it would be. I wish I lived near a market like these. I would be a world class chef. You would not believe all the bulk spices they had. Some were ones I would have no idea how to use. Others were ones I have heard of but can never find when my recipe calls for it. After the market, we went to Zona Rosa. We ate lunch and watched the Missouri game at some place with Big Blue and Fish in the title. I had fried pickles and gumbo. They were delicious. I also enjoyed what they called a Voodoo Margarita. It was black because they used a black tequila in it. It really looked like grape juice but, of course, had a bigger kick. We hit several stores, and I came away with several things. Some of the purchases were even Christmas presents for others, but some of the things purchased were just for me. After Zona Rosa, we headed back towards the hotel. We stopped at Crown Center and did a quick walk through shopping. I got a couple of things there too. All in all, I would have to say it was a great shopping day for me. I normally don't find much that I like to buy, but today was packed with things I needed and wanted. We came back to the room and rested for an hour or so. We had an exciting dinner. We went through the drive-through at Winstead's. Talk about excitement. We brought our burgers back to the hotel and watched football. It was a great, wonderful, better than ever, spend time with a dear friend, enjoy good food, shopping day. I am exhausted.
I must tell you about Koleen and the bum. Last night we were walking back from dinner. You know down at the Plaza there are lots of street musicians. There are also beggars. One walked up to us and told us he only wanted money for a bowl of soup; he had not eaten for three days. You know being country folk, we just smiled and kept walking. A few steps away, Koleen realized we had half of my sandwich and fries leftover from supper. She turned around and approached the man. She offered him the sandwich and fries; it had been three days since his last meal. He opened the container and said he really wasn't interested in the food, but he would take it anyway. Talk about a scammer. If it had been three days since my last meal, I think I would jump at the chance to have Tomfooleries' leftovers. Koleen felt better, but I hope she realized that just because they look poor and homeless, doesn't mean they really are. Koleen has such a good heart. It is people like this man that make it so difficult for the ones that actually need the food and money. I am sure glad I don't have to walk through the gauntlet of beggars daily.
I must also comment on the game today. I am just in shock that the Tigers could come back and win the game. As a fan, they are constantly giving me heart attacks. I just wish they could play well for a whole game. I would relax a little more. Hopefully, we can get our act together and will all of the Nov. games. MIZ

No comments:
Post a Comment